ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v Brake Pads + anti roll bar bushes change HELP!

VW Passat 170 sport
Hello all, wondered if there was a guide on how to change the brake pads and Anti roll bar bushes and how to get the bolt out of wishbone... as its got a welded washer on end id presume id tap out of the hole !!! ?

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Guide for the ARB bushes...ripped from me and posted by a fellow member without mentioning my name :)
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?507142-Non-sport-ARB-Bush-changing-guide

With regards to the pads...Take wheel off and put on axle stands, take carrier bolts out (18mm iirc) and the carrier will come off.
Before removing the old pads, push the piston back by using your hand, g clamp or whatever.
Remove old pads, put copper grease on back of pads and put new pads in.
put carrier back on and tighten bolts.
Pump pedal and fill and bleed brakes if necessary.
Wheel back on.
DONE.

VW Passat 170 sport
i did the ARB piss easy without a guide but that is a good guide.. apart from getting bottom bolt on easier way is to jack the ARB up and then prise on the track rod end went on a dream for me!