ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

04 Clio, Emission Light on, loss of power/unresponsive, using more fuel

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Hi guys, for the last few months my clio 1.2 dynamique has been having issues with its power
icon1.png
loss.

The emission light comes on for maybe a few days and then go off for a few days with no uniform pattern. During the whole time, the car occasionally loses power. The best way I can describe this is the throttle being unresponsive. I put my foot down, in low gears and it may take a second or two to accelerate. Again, this comes and goes and the response times vary.

To make things worse it seems to be using more fuel
icon1.png
since this problem started, from 40ish to 30ish MPG. I dont know if this is to do with the problem but I felt it worth mentioning.

I'v had suggestions such as change the plugs, have it serviced, but before I spend what little money I have I'd like to see what you guys think.

Also, can anyone give me any links for somewhere that shows you how to do a service
icon1.png
yourself (plugs, filters, oil, levels etc)?

Thanks in advance, Mark.
smile.gif