ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

02 plate 172 Exhaust

Ph2 172
Guys, got a fairly big problem!!!!

What can anyone tell me about the Exhaust system on an 02 plate 172. Mine has blown out big style, somewhere near the back. I'm not fully aware of where the system splits, how many sections etc. Haven't had chance to get under it at the moment.

however, left my dad in charge of trying to get a new one sorted asap this morning while i went to work in his car. He's been quoted £320 for a replacement from your normal "backstreet" Tyre/exhaust fitter. Can't be right surely???

Trouble is, can't really afford to be without the car for any length of time, need it sorting asap as i use it for work every day.

cock mobile.
You can get after market systems cheaper than that which are complete stainless steel.

A Reno replacement part will be more than £320 probably.

Any half decent custom exhaust place will be able to do you a stainless system for <£300.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
My back box dropped off at 3 years old . Renault quoted me £365 , ouch ! I got a full cat back , stainless exhaust made up and fitted in less than 90 mins , you can choose the exhaust note ya want , cos they try on different back boxes and let you have a listen . It only cost me £270 fitted . Give Powerflow a ring . Check out there website for your nearest powerflow dealer .

http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/HOME.CFM

MrBillyUk !!

Citroen DS3 DSport
My 02 172 exhaust has blown, started it up tonight after work and it's making a hell of a deep bass noise. The car also feels down on power but that may be my imagination.

Is the original exhaust in sections or do I need to replace the entire length?