ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£5000 to insure a phase 1 Clio 1.2 at 17 !!!! Wow

Clio 182
As been mentioned, put at least 2 experienced drivers on his policy as names drivers. Thanks to my dad and brother, my 182 insurance has dropped by just over £1500.

I had to pay 3500 on a Y reg fiesta flight for my first car a few years ago !

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
seems insurance has got even worse than it was when I was young, was paying £2600 3rd party on a 172 when I was 17, which at the time was crazy but now it doesn't seem too bad!!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
seems insurance has got even worse than it was when I was young, was paying £2600 3rd party on a 172 when I was 17, which at the time was crazy but now it doesn't seem too bad!!

No such thing as a 172 when I was young, lol

Mind you Tony probably paid 3 shillings a year for insuring a top of the range cart and a really fast horse.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I bought a £700 1.0 Litre 12v Corsa B when I was 17 (Im 20 now).

All in my name, family policy, mum and dad as named drivers. £900.00.

1.2 16v
I paid 2200 last year, as it was my first year, with Aviva.

Just paid 1300 for my 2nd year with elephant.

Loads of people I know on elephant with clios etc, all paying about the same which is good.

Renault clio 2005
As been mentioned, put at least 2 experienced drivers on his policy as names drivers. Thanks to my dad and brother, my 182 insurance has dropped by just over £1500.

I had to pay 3500 on a Y reg fiesta flight for my first car a few years ago !

was the Fiesta a 1.3? I can see why it was so much if it was. A mate had one and the thing flew. He had it when he was 18 and it would keep up with some seriously quick cars. Would top out at 130 But the acceleration was really Good :)

best way to get a good insurance quote is to limit number of miles and consider third party only Insurance if the car ain`t worth much. Third party is also good if you want to modify the car. Because your car is not covered they generally don`t charge anything for modifications. e.g lowering alloys engine mods.

my first year was with aviva, 2K cheaper than other on the comparison sites. + got some back after doing pass plus

+1 for Aviva. gave me my best online quote at £2000, then after about 20 minutes on the phone got that down to £1460 fully comp. So went with them for my first year which was in 2011, aged 17 on a Clio 1.2 Y reg. Although though the policy was in my dad's name with me and my mum as named drivers. Bit naughty I know, but if anything were to happen my story was that it was his car for getting to work and I used it when he had his works van. Good thing about Aviva was that named drivers earn their own no claims bonus. Hope that helps.

Pearl Black Ph2 172
He should think himself lucky, I'm paying £1751 a year for a Ph2 172, I'm 27, Married annd with a child on the way.I Passed my test 5 years ago, but been a taxi driver for 4 years on a business policy. Ergo to them i passed five years ago and never drove an inch, despite doing over 1K a week sometimes. So no NCB = Vaseline time. . My first year i had a 1.4 8v clio 2 and that was £550 with Post Office at the time, depsite living in a s**t area. . WTF - insurance forecasting? Dont you mean think of a number between 1 and 50 and add 00's

Ford Mustang 5.0
He should think himself lucky, I'm paying £1751 a year for a Ph2 172, I'm 27, Married annd with a child on the way.I Passed my test 5 years ago, but been a taxi driver for 4 years on a business policy. Ergo to them i passed five years ago and never drove an inch, despite doing over 1K a week sometimes. So no NCB = Vaseline time. . My first year i had a 1.4 8v clio 2 and that was £550 with Post Office at the time, depsite living in a s**t area. . WTF - insurance forecasting? Dont you mean think of a number between 1 and 50 and add 00's

Hi Mate

We would of been able to take into account your claim free driving on the Taxi and expect the price to be MUCH lower than what you paid. If you wanted to drop me a PM with your contact details id happily look at a qote for you.

Best regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

MR2 Mk1.5

You need to shop around some more, there are many insurers who will be able to offer a good introductory discount based on your (assume claim free) taxi driving experience..

When I was 18 I insured myself on a ph1 1.4 and cost me £3000, I forked out for it though.

TPFT, two women named drivers, etc etc. Lowest i could get it.

clio sport 182
Im with admiral. Got a black 182 n the insurannce is 1262 quid. Passed my test a year ago yesterday but got one year no claims as was on a 10 month accelerator last year swear down ahah

Renault Clio 1.2L
I'm only paying 2k for my insurance.
And i thougth that was too much!

I never knew it was so expensive!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
something odd I found today, im looking for a car for my mrs as she passed her test this week, she wants something nice I want something reliable but fun for me to use too occasionally, anyway one of the cars we were looking at was a corsa VXR. done an insurance quote on a 2007 one and it was £4000 a year, done a quote on a 2008 one and it was £800....

Renault Clio 1.2L
something odd I found today, im looking for a car for my mrs as she passed her test this week, she wants something nice I want something reliable but fun for me to use too occasionally, anyway one of the cars we were looking at was a corsa VXR. done an insurance quote on a 2007 one and it was £4000 a year, done a quote on a 2008 one and it was £800....

That's bizarre!

Renault clio 2005
Im with admiral. Got a black 182 n the insurannce is 1262 quid. Passed my test a year ago yesterday but got one year no claims as was on a 10 month accelerator last year swear down ahah

What value did you put down for car? And What type of cover do you have?

Clio 172 phase 1
I'm 22 with admiral declared roll cage and lowering 5 years Ncb and i pay 550 fully comp and the mrs is insured as well and she's a new driver with 1yrs Ncb ........ Best bit is a can insure an Audi r8 v10 for the same price :( if only I could afford the audi lol also my excess is 250 and my cars insured for 1800