ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile Phone Contract Thread.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not had many issues to be fair, seems fine up north. Almost on par with my work iphone on ee.
Strange how people find it ok, I’ve had it on 3 different phones around the midlands and just never works, calls and texts are fine, but data is hopeless. Only place it works is Stoke on Trent lol. And I avoid there at all costs 🤣

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone here with giff gaff? I believe they use O2 network. I've had enough of Three having useless internet even when it says I have 4G it's like being back on dial up or worse sometimes.

Hoping Giff gaff doesn't have these issues.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Yep, as above. Made them terminate my contract free of charge because I never got signal in the middle of a city even when it said I had 5G. Now with iD mobile and no issues at all, and cheaper.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, as above. Made them terminate my contract free of charge because I never got signal in the middle of a city even when it said I had 5G. Now with iD mobile and no issues at all, and cheaper.

I'll look at there deals too then. Seems like a common issue these days. It used to be if it said you had 4/5g the internet was always lightning quick.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I’ve been on giff gaff for like ten years.

Good things - It is cheap, they provide vat receipts for business

Bad things - speeds on 5g /4g are pretty povo. But i accept it because it is so pikey cheap. Also travelling abroad - i have found roaming in france is fine but when i get to Germany data basically stops working as it won’t do 4g or 5g. So when i go to europe i always just get an esim for proper data use.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I echo all of the above 02 doesn’t work anywhere apart from Stoke on Trent from my experience.

I have a dual sim iPhone 13pro

Here are my speed results in Manchester with full 5G. This isn’t a one off either

IMG_0254.jpeg
IMG_0253.jpeg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Anyone here with giff gaff? I believe they use O2 network. I've had enough of Three having useless internet even when it says I have 4G it's like being back on dial up or worse sometimes.

Hoping Giff gaff doesn't have these issues.

Have a look at 1p mobile, they use EE, £10 for 25gb, not the cheapest but at least you can actually use the data.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Have a look at 1p mobile, they use EE, £10 for 25gb, not the cheapest but at least you can actually use the data.

I use anywhere between 100-200gb a month so unfortunately that wouldn't be enough. Judging by comments I might just be better sticking with three and suck it up.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I use anywhere between 100-200gb a month so unfortunately that wouldn't be enough. Judging by comments I might just be better sticking with three and suck it up.
They do other contracts, just that one does me.

Has EU roaming too.
IMG_0255.png

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
If you want decent coverage and speeds you pretty much have to be on EE’s network, they basically have a monopoly at this point.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looks good may have to give that a try seen as it's not a contract anyway. Did just check and it says outdoor coverage only at my workplace still probably worth a shot though.
If you do get it, let me send you a referral link, cheeky £5 credit each 🤣