ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KWv2 Suspension setup and corner weighting values

black 172 phase1
Im after a setup starting point for a phase 1 172 which has been lowered on kwv2s, has pure motorsport top mounts and currently i have 1degree rear camber shims.
It is getting corner weighed very soon and as we dont have any clio cup race cars and reputable suspension setup shops here which know about renaults it makes it very difficult.
Im after a ride height setting as well as some corner weight numbers to gauge where to start so i can take it from there
regards

172 ph1
These were mine - ph1 on KW V2, but left hand drive with me (65kg) inside the car

cornerweighed-s.jpg

Lotus Elise
LHD is much easier to corner weight.

set the ride height with a little nose down rake, (dont judge this by looking at the arch gaps) then corner weigh from there. Record how much fuel you have and make sure you are in it or have your equivalent weight in the driving seat. The above is very good but will be hard ro acieve due to the fact yours is RHD

black 172 phase1
does it matter how low the car, ie do you set the backs as low as possible which is 30 mm from standard with the kws i think

I've taken the rear adjusters out of mine at the moment and it's still not exactly low! Once you do that you then obviously loose the ability to corner weight the rear :(

black 172 phase1
i have started with 31mm centre of hub to guard in the rear and 30mm for the front. ive noticed the front scrubs a bit is it normal. Should i raise the rear and the front a little to stop the scrubbing possibly raise the rear a little more for some extra rake in the front. i know this wil be sorted with the corner weighting, but illd like to get the ride height close to where its needed first