ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

“Charlotte” The 182 FF

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Before being ‘that guy’ have Proam sorted the issues out with their bump steer kits?
I know of one example involving a particularly rusty Clio. The hubs on this car were in such poor condition that they seemed barely capable of handling a standard ball joint, let alone a roll centre correction kit.

Shortly after that, Pro-am updated their roll centre pins and sent me a new set. I used the original pins for two years, spanning around ten track days, without a single issue.

When I sold my Clio 182 to someone participating in 750MC events, I included the new mark 2 pins and explained the history of the initial versions.

About six months later, the new owner contacted me, saying the pins had snapped during a track day. From what I gathered, he had hit a speed bump on his way to the circuit, and I’m not sure if he ever installed the mark 2 pins.

My new track car now has the latest MK3 pins, which appear very robust.

I keep up with Pro-am's progress and occasionally meet with them at race circuits. They use their own kits and, to my knowledge, have never had one fail.

I mentioned to the OP about the Pro-Am kit and made him aware of the history but also passed him Allan at Bridgecraft's email address.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Should have got a Bridgecraft kit
I based it on the a few comments made either way.

I could send this back as I’ve not opened anything if the consensus is the Bridgecraft kit it better but I did raise an eye brow when. You said he hadn’t contracted you back as I’ve had enough of bad comms. The ProAm guys seemed fast to respond when I asked them about the kits.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Following this with interest, I've always said I wouldn't get a kit because of the wear of the bearings, doing 3000 road miles a year, but reviews on handling are so overwhelmingly positive I might budge..

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I hope not for you! Rather hear it's not worth it though because it'll save me £600 😂

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Following this with interest, I've always said I wouldn't get a kit because of the wear of the bearings, doing 3000 road miles a year, but reviews on handling are so overwhelmingly positive I might budge..
I’m not sure I’d fit one on a road car, well I know I wouldn’t, but for circuit use it’s one of the best bits of kits you can fit. Even better when used in conjunction with an LSD/Gripper.

Reactions: MLB

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Roll centre and bump steer kit fitted, waiting on a 22mm crowd foot to do the final torque settings but all good to go. The camber bolt added as well.

Totally pointless and inaccurate measurement of the camber is not at 6.5 degs so I’ll need to pull it back in a bit I think.

Some of the worst photos, but it was raining on and off so just wanted to get it done.

IMG_5862.jpeg

IMG_5863.jpeg
IMG_5865.jpeg

Also found a split / melted boot on the caliper piston so I’ll need to sort that at some point. I’ve got another set of these calipers that I might refurb and just swap over.
IMG_5861.jpeg

So, I’m also going to get an oil analysis done, it’s £40 so cheap enough and it’ll be interesting to see how the oil is holding up and also the engine.

Next up will be tracking, oil change, brake fluid and adding some rear height.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good!

What coilover covers have you got/what length are they?

Oil analysis is well worth it in my opinion, had it done on three of my cars now and a good way to keep an eye on wear levels and to check if your oil change intervals are sufficient.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good!

What coilover covers have you got/what length are they?

Oil analysis is well worth it in my opinion, had it done on three of my cars now and a good way to keep an eye on wear levels and to check if your oil change intervals are sufficient.
I’ve got BC Racing BR series I think. Not sure what length they are.

Yeah saw it on a YouTube video and thought it’d be expensive but for £40 it feels a sensible move on a 116k engine.