ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Z4 3.0

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I'll get one

Here you go hun

IMG_20190331_194041.jpg

Clio 182 Trophy
Had one of these years ago & was a great car once I took the run flat tyres off it.

Glad you’re enjoying it, great cars.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Small update but I'm not exactly going balls out on this as I have the other car for that.

Met up with @Akay a few weeks ago and chatted cars and how s**t game of thrones ending was

Then today I tackled moving the roof motor into the boot, and to my surprise it had already had someone doing.... Something to it.

I'll give some background, basically thr roof motor is housed in a plastic container that is in the sill, water is meant to pass over this however overtime the sills fill up with water due to blocked drainage holes and the seals in the housing give way.

So a typical intrusive mod is to move the roof motor to the boot.

I got quite far and saw that someone had already taken the motor out of its housing at the top but it was still in there someone had just drilled holes in the bottom to allow it to drain but..... If the drainage holes further down are blocked it's just going to fill up anyway as I found out.... Anyway here it was and now it's in the boot

I'll go take a pic of how it's stored now... You can just about see two wires sticking out but that's it really.

Overall I'm still loving the car, it's the perfect daily. Has just enough power, rwd and can bring the roof down whenever I want.

IMG_20190521_200003.jpg
IMG_20190521_195701.jpg
IMG_20190521_195553.jpg
IMG_20190615_120236.jpg
IMG_20190615_130248.jpg
IMG_20190615_130055.jpg
IMG_20190615_133416.jpg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
How easy did you find it to do? I want to tackle it too but according to the z4 forum it’s a very difficult job?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
In all fairness it took about an hour in total, that was trying to understand a guide for the first time and what parts it was referring to.

Apparently the hardest bit is removing the cable ties around the motor which luckily mine had already been snipped. I reckon some long needle nose pliers would sort it. If you're around Derby I'd be willing to help

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I downloaded a pdf for it. Drop me a pm with your number and I'll WhatsApp you it @Cribert

Today I polished and lacquered the headlights.

Most times people do this they always say I could have done a better job but I am well happy with how they've turned out. They were super minging.

Just drying now ready for a final polish of the lacquer tomorrow if it needs it.

Before :

IMG_20190622_150759.jpg
IMG_20190622_154712.jpg

Afters :

IMG_20190622_173050.jpg
IMG_20190622_180543.jpg
IMG_20190622_180550.jpg

I've sprayed it with some etech headlight protection lacquer so hopefully it won't come back anytime soon.

I'm getting prepared to machine polish the whole thing but I cannot be bothered as it is BORING

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
@dann2707 If that headlight protection lacquer ends up going wrong use ceramic coating next time and it will stay clear for years.

There is one round the corner from my work i keep seeing! I need to drive one :(

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
It really needs some different wheels. Z4M ones would be top of the list. Or even the 108s. For some reason those don’t work.
It really really doesn't. You're massively in the minority I'm afraid (not that I care what other people think anyway ??)

It always get compliments from people so I'll take that that it goes.

Think people just get bummed out cos they're reps.

I love them

IMG_20190701_214509.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
@dann2707 End of the day it's your car, modify it how you want. I'm sure if i ever got one i would do things differently because im not you lol.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted a stupidly expensive for what it is bmw wind deflector tonight. Was a bit touch and go lining up the holes just by measuring and drilling through but it worked well and the holes behind the headrests were pretty much spot on as to where I was hoping.

Fitted and yet to try it but I love the look of it already.

IMG_20190724_182724.jpg
IMG_20190724_191031.jpg
IMG_20190724_192830.jpg
IMG_20190724_192927.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Well f**k me in the rojer and call me Kevin thst works so f**king well. Could have a normal volume conversation with myself at 80 without shouting. I could tell it instantly worked because I didn't have to increase the music volume when at speed.

Definitely not worth the rrp as it is literally a mosquito net and some trim but I'm happy!

Think it looks cool too

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
You're just too scared to get this one sideways as it's more expensive if you crash.
That is one element to it, the other is that this has electric steering which is and always will be nasty. In general I just don't feel as connected to the car probably due to it being 300kg heavier too.

It's not that fun to drive but it's good/great to drive.