ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yorkshire Spring Chit Chat

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry guys, really busy atm with uni, money is also very tight, not sure wether I’ll be driving for another year. Hopefully I’ll renew my insurance at end of April (price dependant) and after exams in May I’ll be more active.
Slacker.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Yep, currently working for my dad over Easter but can’t rely on him for paying me on time. 182/172 not on the cards yet, still too young/not enough NCB for a decent insurance quote. Looking for jobs in huddersfield atm, if I can get one, I’ll be saving up, but atm I’ve fallen out of love with my turd. Had a heap of issues with it recently. Still, we will see what happens with time, I’ll probably end up keeping it and paying my insurance monthly. I need to focus on passing my course for now.

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
I know im going back a page but clumber park could be a good meet up, if you dont want to pay to go in could have it on the grass area as you approach, then when the ticket bloke comes around just relocate :)

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Proper old mans car! I’ve been using my dads mondeo st for last 3 weeks and tbh I’m quite liking it! Heated seats the lot! Saving a fortune on fuel aswell, still looking for a daily to replace the Clio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
You got the dogging edition. Extra room in the back, wipe clean seats and lots of windows.

Can even open the back windows from the buttons on the drivers door.

Proper old mans car! I’ve been using my dads mondeo st for last 3 weeks and tbh I’m quite liking it! Heated seats the lot! Saving a fortune on fuel aswell, still looking for a daily to replace the Clio

This has got heated seats and I just gone through my first full tank of fuel and got over 50mpg. It's great, I love it!

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Can even open the back windows from the buttons on the drivers door.

This has got heated seats and I just gone through my first full tank of fuel and got over 50mpg. It's great, I love it!

Sounds good does that! Can’t beat a Volvo aswell! You’ll have to take the poor Clio out for a run

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Sounds good does that! Can’t beat a Volvo aswell! You’ll have to take the poor Clio out for a run

Honestly for just over £700 It's absolutely bang on.

I did try last weekend and it was as dead as a dodo. Hoping to jump it back in life and give it a bit of love this weekend with a full service.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Dependent upon the date, yes. Although I've STILL not driven it so I'll need to jump it and make sure everything's ok haha.

A shed

Alive and kicking here, Oulton on Tuesday was a lot of fun :D
Not sure if anyone saw on fb, blew my original engine as hadn't checked oil level.... Ever..... And it ran dry
Now on a 80k with belts done engine instead of 130k and belts due. Woop!

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
😂😂
Someone needs to give him some pocket money to buy a 182

He could easily buy and insure one with what he’s spent on it and the insurance he pays cos he declares all his mods.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Since buying my 172 I don’t see the point in throwing money at a slow car[emoji23]

I only lob money at my dCi because it makes choo-choo noises[emoji23]

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Monaco is nearly ready for MOT finally, just a few minor bits to do. Anyone fancy for some time out soon as I'll need to kick it's head in a lot before it gets stuck on any sort of track! ?

Kangoo, XJ, Jeep GC
Well looking at the quotes atm the compulsory is £500 for most policies then I'm adding £250 voluntary. That's the only way I can get it under about £1.5k

Ay-up

A belated congrats on passing your test, but you saying how much your insurance was / is, got me thinking.

I passed my test in January 1995, aged 17. I worked in the pub game, so my insurance was loaded because of that, and after I’d got a years no claims, all the rest of my cars were (usually) French hot hatches. My insurance didn’t dip below £1000 until I was 25, and only went down to something sensible when I got to 30.

Considering the average wage 25 years ago, and how much further £1 went back then, all things considered, £1500 insurance for a new driver now seems like better value than £1000 - £1200 for a new driver 25 years ago.

Anyway, Sheffield here.