ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yorkshire Spring Chit Chat

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
It's your post code, my insurance doubled when I moved here.
Yeah you're right. It affects insurance badly, just had a look and did a quote for a supposed "A" rated postcode and the quote is just over £600 cheaper. I'm sad.:cry:
Edit: And only a £95 excess, man I wish I lived in Tadcaster :laughing:

Yeah you're right. It affects insurance badly, just had a look and did a quote for a supposed "A" rated postcode and the quote is just over £600 cheaper. I'm sad.:cry:

My insurance in Doncaster for the Trophy is £300, here it's £650.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
At this rate it looks like I won't even be able to drive myself to RS Tuning on Saturday :unamused:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Think mines an A rated postcode.
Only live 10 minutes from Tadcaster ;)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, sorry I meant I'm 10 mins from Tadcaster when home. I'm at uni in Huddersfield and live in accommodation there too.
I have both addresses down on my insurance policy as i'm 50/50 in both places, months wise.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Yeah, sorry I meant I'm 10 mins from Tadcaster when home. I'm at uni in Huddersfield and live in accommodation there too.
I have both addresses down on my insurance policy as i'm 50/50 in both places, months wise.
Yeah i just wanted to ask what insurance is like there as i'll (hopefully) be moving there to start at Huddersfield Uni in September.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i just wanted to ask what insurance is like there as i'll (hopefully) be moving there to start at Huddersfield Uni in September.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.
What'chu doing?

I graduate this year so can't race you sorry m8.
Insurance isn't too great around here to be honest as it's Huddersfield. But my home address being on too brings it right down.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Don't stay at storthes first year. It's worth paying the extra for accommodation in town IMHO. Sawmill, castings, or some new ones are also being built. Storthes hall is a shithole but it does have a good community vibe. But it's a 20 minute bus to uni everyday.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.
What'chu doing?

I graduate this year so can't race you sorry m8.
Insurance isn't too great around here to be honest as it's Huddersfield. But my home address being on too brings it right down.
Doing a foundation year in Engineering then moving onto a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering (i think), not 100% on that.

Shame I cant lose to you in a race and I didnt think insurance would be brilliant round there but ive never checked.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Don't stay at storthes first year. It's worth paying the extra for accommodation in town IMHO. Sawmill, castings, or some new ones are also being built. Storthes hall is a shithole but it does have a good community vibe. But it's a 20 minute bus to uni everyday.

Also yeah Ive done some research on accomodation and I didnt like the 2 that are approved by Huddersfield, especially Storthes Hall because its so far away.

Think im gonna pick either Aspley house or little aspley house and theyre both just across the road from the Engineering building and right in the centre. Again im not 100% on that but its my best bet.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'd choose Sawmill or Castings over aspley IMO. They're all close to the engineering building, but you're not always in there anyway/

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
I'd choose Sawmill or Castings over aspley IMO. They're all close to the engineering building, but you're not always in there anyway/

Ive not looked at those yet so will have a look tonight. As long as theyre generally close to the uni then thats fine by me.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Also @Louis' couple quick questions: 44 weeks or 51? And stay in halls for 2nd year or not?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
My first year accommodation was 44 week at Sawmill. Don't expect huge rooms, but you'll be in the kitchen most of the time anyway. En suite is worth it alone although it's slightly more expensive. It's upto you really though whether 44 or 52 as obviously 52 is more expensive but you have somewhere to go over summer if you want to get away from your parents. I know at Sawmill lots of chinese/foreign students moved in for summer, and there were maggots crawling from kitchen to rooms. Glad I didn't stay.

I moved into private accomodation 2nd year as its considerably cheaper, you dont have to pay for parking etc. Any questions just pm me or something mate.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
My first year accommodation was 44 week at Sawmill. Don't expect huge rooms, but you'll be in the kitchen most of the time anyway. En suite is worth it alone although it's slightly more expensive. It's upto you really though whether 44 or 52 as obviously 52 is more expensive but you have somewhere to go over summer if you want to get away from your parents. I know at Sawmill lots of chinese/foreign students moved in for summer, and there were maggots crawling from kitchen to rooms. Glad I didn't stay.

I moved into private accomodation 2nd year as its considerably cheaper, you dont have to pay for parking etc. Any questions just pm me or something mate.

Definitley going for en suite and Ive seen how small the rooms are but Im used to small rooms anyways so its no bother.

Main thing im still unsure of is 44 weeks or full year but ive got some time to decide yet. If anything else pops up i'll pm you. [emoji1]

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
How does April 22nd sound? My Yorkshire list is rather long but only get replies from the bottom half of it so I think an update is needed lol

Mk1 1.8 16V Turbo
If you could do something in the evening instead of the weekend i could probably make it, weekends i have to help on the farm

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
If you could do something in the evening instead of the weekend i could probably make it, weekends i have to help on the farm
Could do now days are getting longer. Just depends on other peoples availability as I'll be going with the majority.
Friday late afternoon to evening any good?

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Sounding like a weekend is better. Meetup at 5pm?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Sounds good. I'm happy to do whenever before the 22nd though if anyone wants to go out for a drive.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Away Easter weekend sadly! Gutted as I love the big breakfast meet - missed it last year too, seem to only ever be able to make the Autumn one!

Not a 320d
Didn't know anything was on, got a linky? Not sure if we've plan's this Easter but I'm iff work the week after bank holiday so hopefully I can sneak off at least 1 day.

Pistonheads, sorry, but a few CS members always turn up. Its a busy meet and actually Im tempted to not go due to the number of people that turn up now. But I am up in Yorkshire anyway and the drive alone will be worth it.

Its at the malton Porsche garage (which is also near the BMW garage). Park up (if you can, you'll need to turn up v early) grab a bacon sandwich and have a mooch around.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Pistonheads, sorry, but a few CS members always turn up. Its a busy meet and actually Im tempted to not go due to the number of people that turn up now. But I am up in Yorkshire anyway and the drive alone will be worth it.

Its at the malton Porsche garage (which is also near the BMW garage). Park up (if you can, you'll need to turn up v early) grab a bacon sandwich and have a mooch around.
V early and me don't get on[emoji23], I'll look forward to seeing your pics mate [emoji106]

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Would really like to go to Malton but its waaayyyy too early for me.
I'll post the meet tommorow but just so people know its going to be 22nd April @ 5pm