ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wind deflectors

Clio 182
Noticed alot of clios having window wind deflectors.

I always prefer having my windows down than having the a/c on.

My questions are.

Are they stable, and do they make a noticeable difference?

Cheers in advance.

monaco 172
First thing I fitted to my civic fn2, but I'd have never dreamed of fitting them on my 172, looks terrible.

Don't think they do a great deal to be honest, ok for motorway driving if you want the so Dow cracked a bit

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
If you crash the window a it they do prevent you from getting a gust of wind straight in your ear. Rolled fully open they don't offer anything. I don't think they look too bad on a mk2 as they don't stick out beyond the bodywork like they do on newer cars.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Got wind deflectors on both my cars, if you have the window open slightly it helps to channel the air so you get fresh air but you dont have to have your face blow across to the other seat

20190702_143323.jpg

Been on track with windows ajar and above 100mph it's not as noisy. Plus imo they look alright, old people will say they look s**t...??

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Scene points innit, lol!!

Personally I don't like them.

So true. If they had genuine benefits over and above the practicality issues of ramming a piece of plastic into your doorframe window recess which may or may not then proceed to scratch your windows...we'd see them on lots more cars other than the usual suspects. But we don't.

They're not some motoring secret that only 'enthusiasts' know about.

They're just simply sh*t, both to look at and, from my admittedly very limited experience, use.

Clio 182 Trophy
I have a set on my camper van & they work great. Good for cracking the windows on the motorway, not getting wet when it’s raining & getting extra air in the van with the security of the doors being locked whilst sleeping in the back.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My car has a ventilation system that allows air into the interior cabin without needing the windows open...so that's fresh air, no wetness, and sleek slick looks. 100% win.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
My car has a ventilation system that allows air into the interior cabin without needing the windows open...so that's fresh air, no wetness, and sleek slick looks. 100% win.
Until you park it up near a shitfarm and can't disable the sleek fresh air device and your car is honking inside ?