ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will there be a raffle?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Yes, like last year but the time allocated for it will be significantly less, as it did take a little too long to get through all the prizes last year.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
why not just do it like a tombola? turn up take a ticket n if you win take your prize?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The raffle last year was fantastic, £10 donated to charity and I won £35 worth of items from SprayShack, quids in and a donation to charity :)

It was the most complained about thing at CSS. (presumably by people that didn't win)

I actually won a set of front and rear diamonds in racing blue with the stripes on :p they looked awesome but wouldn't suit my titanium 182 :(

And as you said, the people who complained clearly didn't win ;)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I think the tombola method would lose a certain aspect of 'fun' from the day.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
I actually got a tan whilst stood there lol.
Some awesome prizes and I really wanted those rb diamonds!
Can't remember who it was but hiding the iCar was pretty funny.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I actually got a tan whilst stood there lol

We actually thought about giving you all sun cream in the goody bags this year! might jinx it and it'll rain though (umbrella's for sale in the marquee! lol)

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
You and those umbrellas!
I sat in the back of my van when it rained at FCS. Closed the boot and fell asleep for half an hour lol

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I just don't want you all getting wet!

<----- Just in case, that's what the CS merchandise marquee looks like too! :)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Lol I'm going to have to buy an umbrella at CSS, i meant to at FCS and completely forgot and left just as it started to rain!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, like last year but the time allocated for it will be significantly less, as it did take a little too long to get through all the prizes last year.

How could it be made quicker though? Unless there are less prizes.

Tbh, I thought it was alright last year, even if the microphone was on the lowest possible volume setting :rasp:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
People stood at 90 degrees to the speakers and 200ft away didn't help. I'll conduct a physics lesson beforehand this year.

No complaints from me about the Raffle even though I didn't win anything. It was also a good way to put some faces to names as well and to partake in some gentle ribbing of some of the winners. Just needed the volume turned up for us oldies. No doubt this year I am bound to win something Clio related lol.

I actually got a tan whilst stood there lol.
I got a slight case of "tomato head".

I personally thought that the raffle was a good laugh. (Plus I loved my bottle of Shampagne and my Trophy - I'm going to bring that prestigious award along this year too, sit it on the ol' parcel shelf ;) )

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I never got my prize so will not be participating in the raffle this year.

(Not that I wanted a 12 month subscription to PC magazine...)