ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why members don’t attend meets?

The red one? That was Jim’s @leeds_182 at the time. Loved that car. Remember getting spanked down the M62 by it on the way there...below 70mph of course

That’s the one! I recognised it straight away. He owned it till 2012 I think. He still goes on about it now :)

Pics of it 10 years ago...

Attachments

• F7A3BB05-29BC-439D-B78F-491CD2A26997.jpeg
    F7A3BB05-29BC-439D-B78F-491CD2A26997.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 147
  • F9EE321F-5AE2-4584-89D5-4793130E906F.jpeg
    F9EE321F-5AE2-4584-89D5-4793130E906F.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 148
  • EA4DA987-C3B9-4DB7-8730-A8A980B977FF.jpeg
    EA4DA987-C3B9-4DB7-8730-A8A980B977FF.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 151

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I also blame the Yorkshire Rep

The only reason I dont go to car meets is because another car group with a name like "Torque Teasers" or "Dirty Dervs N Petrol Headz" turn up. 90% of the f*****s look like they're on the sausage roll and they start doing burnouts in a Seat Altea with a Paul Walker sticker on the boot and a car seat in the back.

Dross

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think I bought it from Milton Keynes? Sold it, bought it back and then sold it again.

Awesome! What happened to it in the end?
My mate who owned it is from Aylesbury (close to Milton Keynes) but not sure if he sold it on to someone locally.

He seems to think someone call Mikey owns it now.

Can’t beat bodies on a 106! I had a Saxo VTS myself

I also blame the Yorkshire Rep

The only reason I dont go to car meets is because another car group with a name like "Torque Teasers" or "Dirty Dervs N Petrol Headz" turn up. 90% of the f*****s look like they're on the sausage roll and they start doing burnouts in a Seat Altea with a Paul Walker sticker on the boot and a car seat in the back.

Dross

lol yeah the meets are like that near me. You can start off with a few enthusiasts with decent cars then other groups turn up with their chavvy crap cars. The last one I went to there was a guy with a base spec bmw compact with a touring car spoiler, and had covered it with M Sport decals. Then a guy turned up with an old red focus 1.6 with red light bulbs and red silicone hoses everywhere. Not good

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
lol yeah the meets are like that near me. You can start off with a few enthusiasts with decent cars then other groups turn up with their chavvy crap cars. The last one I went to there was a guy with a base spec bmw compact with a touring car spoiler, and had covered it with M Sport decals. Then a guy turned up with an old red focus 1.6 with red light bulbs and red silicone hoses everywhere. Not good
It's horrendous now, mk4 golf platform is worst. Probably even worse than them daft shites that have a 120d and crash it into other people

RB 182 FF
I posted on the South Central forum to see if anyone was interested in coming to any meets and nobody replied.

I'm part of a group of about 20 who all meet at least once a month in the South Downs, near Goodwood. We all met through Pistonheads and I have organised trips out to Cheddar Gorge, Wales and up to Caffeine and Machine with as many as 20 cars attending some of the trips.

I've organised a trip to Haynes Motor Museum next weekend and another jaunt out to Wales, so far this year. We also tend to do some of the PH Sunday Services and the Wake Up events at Wilton House and Breakfast Club at Goodwood.

We hold a static meet at a pub and also a seperate breakfast meet every month which starts with a hoon then back for a fry up. People dip in and out each month due to other commitments, myself included, but everyone that attends is pleasant, of varying age and we all drive very different cars.

Sounds like I'm blowing my trumpet a bit but it's sad to see that so many of you don't like meeting new people or have any events organised locally. There is still a fair few of us here in the South that do enjoy driving cars on road and having a natter!

If anyone is interested in getting involved, feel free to fire me a PM

Norbury90

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Silver 182
I generally aim to go to as many Pistonheads-organised events as possible as they are always well organised and are more than just standing around in a car park. With PH, I have been to Ginetta, Aston Martin, Llandudno, Silverstone, and the JCB factory. I also did the PH Sporting Tour last year and planning on doing all 3 of them this year. They are always a good day out.

ixell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup phase 2
I would be up for a meet at the Wings Cafe one weekend if my clutch lasts out lol

ixell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup phase 2
I posted on the South Central forum to see if anyone was interested in coming to any meets and nobody replied.

I'm part of a group of about 20 who all meet at least once a month in the South Downs, near Goodwood. We all met through Pistonheads and I have organised trips out to Cheddar Gorge, Wales and up to Caffeine and Machine with as many as 20 cars attending some of the trips.

I've organised a trip to Haynes Motor Museum next weekend and another jaunt out to Wales, so far this year. We also tend to do some of the PH Sunday Services and the Wake Up events at Wilton House and Breakfast Club at Goodwood.

We hold a static meet at a pub and also a seperate breakfast meet every month which starts with a hoon then back for a fry up. People dip in and out each month due to other commitments, myself included, but everyone that attends is pleasant, of varying age and we all drive very different cars.

Sounds like I'm blowing my trumpet a bit but it's sad to see that so many of you don't like meeting new people or have any events organised locally. There is still a fair few of us here in the South that do enjoy driving cars on road and having a natter!

If anyone is interested in getting involved, feel free to fire me a PM
Yes just let me know of what’s what and if I’m free I’m in, cheers

RB 182 FF
Yes just let me know of what’s what and if I’m free I’m in, cheers

Okay, thanks. Just want check though, as your bio says you're in Cheshunt, that's a good 90 miles or so from where we do our monthly meets?! Or were you interested in the longer distance trips, e.g. Wales, Cheddar Gorge etc?

RB 182 FF
I generally aim to go to as many Pistonheads-organised events as possible as they are always well organised and are more than just standing around in a car park. With PH, I have been to Ginetta, Aston Martin, Llandudno, Silverstone, and the JCB factory. I also did the PH Sporting Tour last year and planning on doing all 3 of them this year. They are always a good day out.

The Sporting Tour looks brilliant but unfortunately all 3 events land on weekends I already have plans this year (6 weddings).

Agree with the PH SS, they are very well organised and free to attend. It's been a great platform for me to meet so many mates and visit some cool places.

Is your handle on here the same on PH? Will keep an eye out for you on the register this year if so.

Clio 197,with megan'
I feel one of the best ways to meet, is a Track day. People are committed, when they spend their own money. I have seen so many meetings organised, plenty of enthusiasm, then 4 people turn up. Track day, you put your money where your mouth is. My first one this year, Cadwell 8th April. Too far to travel?. I come from N/E Scotland, around 580 miles away. At the end of the day, another 580 miles home. At 78 years old, if I can do it, so can you. Come on you keyboard warriors, where are you?.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I feel one of the best ways to meet, is a Track day. People are committed, when they spend their own money. I have seen so many meetings organised, plenty of enthusiasm, then 4 people turn up. Track day, you put your money where your mouth is. My first one this year, Cadwell 8th April. Too far to travel?. I come from N/E Scotland, around 580 miles away. At the end of the day, another 580 miles home. At 78 years old, if I can do it, so can you. Come on you keyboard warriors, where are you?.

Booked tickets for CSF yet young man?? ?

Norbury90

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Silver 182
The Sporting Tour looks brilliant but unfortunately all 3 events land on weekends I already have plans this year (6 weddings).

Agree with the PH SS, they are very well organised and free to attend. It's been a great platform for me to meet so many mates and visit some cool places.

Is your handle on here the same on PH? Will keep an eye out for you on the register this year if so.
That's a shame about the Tours. We took my Clio last time so for the first one this year we are taking my co-drivers Lotus. Some interesting cars signed up so far so it's looking promising.

I'm waiting for the PHSS calendar to come out for this year to see what is going on, hopefully there will be some midlands/north based ones I can get to.

Yeah my username is the same on PH, is yours? I will keep an eye out for you too.

PH1 V6
Some do....

They can be a bit cliquey at times though.

A few of us from around here (mix of cars) tend to go as a small group.

RB 182 FF
That's a shame about the Tours. We took my Clio last time so for the first one this year we are taking my co-drivers Lotus. Some interesting cars signed up so far so it's looking promising.

I'm waiting for the PHSS calendar to come out for this year to see what is going on, hopefully there will be some midlands/north based ones I can get to.

Yeah my username is the same on PH, is yours? I will keep an eye out for you too.

That's what's so good about the PH events, such a eclectic mix of cars! Looking forward to seeing what's on the calendar this year.

Also have the same username on PH ??

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
I used to go to loads of meets when I was younger, most of my closest mates now I can trace back to a meet, even my now wife was a friend of a mates girlfriend I met at a car show.

It still happens, young lads at work who are into cars still do the odd meet and that, I think just as you get older you get less interested in watching some ned at Maccys carpark doing a burnout etc. etc., to be honest I still remember some of the older blokes/women that hung out with us 10 years ago and they were right freaks as you would expect from 40-50 year olds mixing with 17 year olds.

Im good mates with @dann2707, @Coops Mk1, @Panda and see them fairly regularly for a pint but not tugging eachother off in some field.

ixell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup phase 2
Okay, thanks. Just want check though, as your bio says you're in Cheshunt, that's a good 90 miles or so from where we do our monthly meets?! Or were you interested in the longer distance trips, e.g. Wales, Cheddar Gorge etc?
Yeah your far so don’t think I will meet thanks anyway

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Attended a RenaultSport meet at the weekend, well attended by Meganes but 6 Clio’s only. I’ve attended Ford and German car meets which have been well attended. I can only conclude people like cliosport but not Clio’s. ?