ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which fault code reader

Newbie004

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi all,

I need to buy a fault code reader for my 182. I have researched a bit on the internet but there are so many types so wondered if anyone had any recommendations. Has to include ABS and airbag functions. Only to be used at home so reasonably priced but not cheap and useless haha.

Thanks in advance

Newbie004

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Sounds good. Used to use an rs tuner but it has packed up and always had trouble connecting it to the computer. You sold one? Do you have any more to sell?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Sounds good. Used to use an rs tuner but it has packed up and always had trouble connecting it to the computer. You sold one? Do you have any more to sell?
It was just one I had when I had my megane/Clio mate and then sold it on now I have no use for it as it was Renault specific for anything other than the simple diagnostic

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Isn't Clip abit of a pig to use though? Like clunky, mega-out dated software and stuff.

Renault don't still use it do they?

Yeah, it's their only means of diagnostics and re-programming.

It's not bad once you get used to it.

monaco 172
Isn't Clip abit of a pig to use though? Like clunky, mega-out dated software and stuff.

Renault don't still use it do they?

Never used it but surely it can't be any worse than op com or puegoet planet which I have . Both are shocking

dan's cast offs.
Gents... sorry to dig this up, but saves a new thread.

Where do I buy CLIP? or another software that’ll read my 172 and turn features on or off

Thanks

ebay. it's a bit backwards to use but not that bad once you get your head around it.

Renault Clio
Hi all, sorry to drag this thread up again but I'm after a universal scanner that will read airbags and abs. Is the iCarsoft i907 Renault specific or will it work on others makes as I also have an Honda Accord.
Thanks for any help in advance Phil

dan's cast offs.
Hi all, sorry to drag this thread up again but I'm after a universal scanner that will read airbags and abs. Is the iCarsoft i907 Renault specific or will it work on others makes as I also have an Honda Accord.

I use one for quick reads and graphing live data, good for that.

Not used one with the Renault software on but is imagine it will be fine on the Clio as it's pretty basic anyway.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I think they're brand specific for the the airbag/abs side of things, but general fault codes it'll work on anything

Mk2 Clio 1.2
Dragging this thread up again....
What’s the best reader for a 2000 1.2 clio, I don’t mind if it’s laptop based or I phone based but I’ll need a program and the interface unit That is either usb cable / Wifi or Bluetooth
Cheers

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Would like to also know if there is a universal one that does it all as I have 3 vehicles (2 Renault, 1 VW) rather than buying all specific programs would just like a one does all

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Dragging this old thread up again.

Is this the right clip? Says it’s the latest software, is that too late for a 182?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I’ve just got this one, reads all computers, live data is really handy also.
Can have 10 different manufactures loaded on at your leisure too.

I was going to get clip but from what I’ve read it will only run on 32bit laptops, all 3 in my house are 64 bit 👎🏿

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve just got this one, reads all computers, live data is really handy also.
Can have 10 different manufactures loaded on at your leisure too.

I was going to get clip but from what I’ve read it will only run on 32bit laptops, all 3 in my house are 64 bit 👎🏿
Have you tried the EPB (service mode and calibration) and BMS reset features?

I'm interested in getting a code reader that will also do these features for Volvo, Porsche and BMW but it's a minefield out there, so many different Chinese code readers all claiming to do the same thing in a vague manner.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Have you tried the EPB (service mode and calibration) and BMS reset features?

I'm interested in getting a code reader that will also do these features for Volvo, Porsche and BMW but it's a minefield out there, so many different Chinese code readers all claiming to do the same thing in a vague manner.

haven’t tried either yet, can’t see it being a problem. It’s done everything I’ve wanted it to do so far without any problems.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
haven’t tried either yet, can’t see it being a problem. It’s done everything I’ve wanted it to do so far without any problems.
Bit of a delay here, do you still have the above tool?

Do you know if it will read live data from the clio (mk3) abs sensors? I know quite specific but I'm sure I recall you are/were a renault tech!