ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which cams?

I'm looking at getting an engine rebuild (as you may know by now) and a set of upgraded, aftermarket cams put in there.

I want some that are suitable for daily use but will give a little more power when going for it. I also want a set that won't break the bank!

I don't really know much about cams/engine internals so this is why I need CS' help 😌

Also, I'll be getting the engine rebuild down south in hope to be able to drive it back. Will it be alright driving a few hundred motorway miles before getting it mapped for the cams, or should I be getting it properly mapped before driving it at all? I'm looking at a custom map but at EFI parts which are here, up north.

Cheers in advance x

I've already been in talks with EFI about getting it done but nothing has been set in stone just yet. Engine Dynamics did mention they could get the mapping done but I didn't know if they did it in-house or not. Are they renowned for good mapping?

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
K Tec 438 cams are very very good,
Keep the revs below 3500 and you will be fine driving back to efi,

Clio 182
I have just fitted 438 cams to my Clio with uprated valve springs and a sm inlet. They are awesome especially on idle. Not as lumpy as some cams. But you still know that they aren't standard. I can't give my engine any hard revs at the minute due to me still running the piston rings in.
Who is doing the rebuild.

I have just fitted 438 cams to my Clio with uprated valve springs and a sm inlet. They are awesome especially on idle. Not as lumpy as some cams. But you still know that they aren't standard. I can't give my engine any hard revs at the minute due to me still running the piston rings in.
Who is doing the rebuild.
I'm thinking Engine Dynamics, but I still need to source a replacement engine for them to rebuild and also get the car down to them. Trying to piece everything together and get as much info as possible before going ahead!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I've been happy with my 197 cams (on group N timing iirc) and efi map. Drove mine for about a month before the map. Was okay apart from it'd stall at the lights quite a bit.
Cheap and the car goes noticeably better too:cool:.