ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What pads are these?

Anyone have an idea as to what make these pads could be?

Attachments

• IMG_7018.JPG
    IMG_7018.JPG
    522.9 KB · Views: 128
Yeah had them mate, also got CL5 which are 105a if i remember correctly.

The 4026 is Clio sport and Pug 306 Gti6 fitment and the 8 is the compound, and think the 'a' is road legal and 'b' race so not road legal.

Also i found them way to aggressive even with hot track rubber.

Last edited:
Shite, way to aggressive as they lock up far to easily. Ferodo DS1.11 is by far the best pad I've tried in every way, really strong but linear coefficient, last ages, kind on discs, low dust etc.
Yea there the ones I was looking to get but had these sitting here so wanted to know if there worth putting in, think I will try and sell them and go for the ds 1.11, heard good things about them from various people

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah had them mate, also got CL5 which are 105a if i remember correctly.

The 4026 is Clio sport and Pug 306 Gti6 fitment and the 8 is the compound, and think the 'a' is road legal and 'b' race so not road legal.

Also i found them way to aggressive even with hot track rubber.

And @bob the builder rated them a lot.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
My RC5 have killed my discs and they’re meant to be ‘kind’.

RC8 must be horrendous.

I just think the rc8s will be poor on 1*2s with ABS. Bob the builder will no doubt have no ABS and probably a bias valve with more going to the rear so will make them less grabby at the front.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
How well do the DS1.11s actually wear compared to road pads? My only concern is how long the DS1.11s will last...

For reference, brand new standard Pagids expired by 3pm on a full track day at Bedford last weekend.

How well do the DS1.11s actually wear compared to road pads? My only concern is how long the DS1.11s will last...

For reference, brand new standard Pagids expired by 3pm on a full track day at Bedford last weekend.
Haha, I can trump that. My first track day in the 182 a brand new set of Brembo OE front pads lasted all of 3 hours before they where metal on metal, ruining a new set of HC discs and getting me blacked flagged and I had no spare so day over. People say OE pads are fine for track, not in my experience they aren't. In contrast I have the same Brembo OE in my Mondeo ST and they've lasted near 2 years and still have half on them.

To answer your question the DS1.11's last ages, I bought a set with 3/4 on them and have done 2k (hard) road miles and 2 full track days at max attack and they are now 1/2 worn.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Haha, I can trump that. My first track day in the 182 a brand new set of Brembo OE front pads lasted all of 3 hours before they where metal on metal, ruining a new set of HC discs and getting me blacked flagged and I had no spare so day over. People say OE pads are fine for track, not in my experience they aren't. In contrast I have the same Brembo OE in my Mondeo ST and they've lasted near 2 years and still have half on them.

To answer your question the DS1.11's last ages, I bought a set with 3/4 on them and have done 2k (hard) road miles and 2 full track days at max attack and they are now 1/2 worn.

Perfect answer, think I'll have to invest in some for next year. I've had enough of brake fade approaching a hairpin...

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
The DS1.11 wear very well, and are kind on discs as they are an endurance pad. Lots of variables effect wear rate, but like for like they will wear better than a lot of track/race pads and considerably better than OE pads

I agree on the OE pads, when I see people saying they're fine on track. I've done a track day on oe pads, and yes you aren't going to kill yourself if you drive sensibly, and keep the sessions very short and do proper cool down laps. But if driving hard, they will wear quickly as they're going beyond their intended operating range, then you can have issue such as damaging the discs and loosing track time if run out of pads/have to change them etc, so is a false economy IMO in the long run

If you're building a track focused car or race car, doing the longer/harder stints then some track focused pads are the way to go, and my preference are the DS1.11. Like with most things in life, you get what you pay for

Clio 172
I have switched from CL RC8 to the DS1.11 as I found them way to aggressive (lock up way too easily) for me in that I flat spotted both front tyres at the end of Bentley Straight at Snetterton

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I have switched from CL RC8 to the DS1.11 as I found them way to aggressive (lock up way too easily) for me in that I flat spotted both front tyres at the end of Bentley Straight at Snetterton
The DS1.11 have great pedal feel, and give a very consistent pedal. You'll notice that coming from the sintered pads mate

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
I just think the rc8s will be poor on 1*2s with ABS. Bob the builder will no doubt have no ABS and probably a bias valve with more going to the rear so will make them less grabby at the front.

I run RC8's in my 197 Brembos on my Ph1 172 still running the ABS and they are awesome.
I was going to remove the ABS until I spoke to a rather clever engineer at JWR and he said if you're running ABS and savage pads you need to press the brake pedal a lot harder than you think.
So I went and changed my driving style instead of trying to be smooth I just super late braked and stood on the pedal and by jove it certainly works.
Maybe that's not to everyone taste but it works for me.
Rich

From seeing what people said about the rc8s, Decided to go with the brembo hc discs and ds1.11, will let you know how I get on with them, next track day is brands hatch on the 9th,