ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Sunroof has been leaking on my RSI, i had removed it, ran a nice tidy bead of sealant where the original seal was, didn't work so I've choose to just keep it out the rain for now :ROFLMAO:

But now the one has started leaking on my daily smoker, this was not getting messed about with, full tube of silicon on the c**t, I will not have a wet head tomorrow!!!
View attachment 1678830View attachment 1678831

Ill trim the excess once its dry! :ROFLMAO:

f**king hate Renault sieves. Had one in one of my old Clio’s, never managed to get it fixed.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Was it easy/difficult to get that registered over there?
The actual registration process is fairly straightforward, it was a bit of a hassle getting it to pass the inspection because every time I took it they found something else wrong with it. On the plus side they never charged me, so I guess I can't complain too much 🤣

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
The actual registration process is fairly straightforward, it was a bit of a hassle getting it to pass the inspection because every time I took it they found something else wrong with it. On the plus side they never charged me, so I guess I can't complain too much 🤣

So it’s like an IVA test? Does it now have to have an annual inspection over there or is it a case of once they’ve initially checked it, it’s all good?

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
So it’s like an IVA test? Does it now have to have an annual inspection over there or is it a case of once they’ve initially checked it, it’s all good?
It's basically their version of an MOT. Take it in every year and they give it a once over. The British one didn't transfer over so it had to have a fresh one before it could be registered though. They check stuff like headlight alignment, if your brakes and handbrake work, and supposedly emissions but I think that's only if your car is blowing smoke out of the exhaust because the entire test only takes about 10 minutes.
Mine failed because it didn't have an airbag, then because he thought the exhaust was too loud despite not testing it, then my handbrake stopped working on one side, then my brake pedal was too smooth 🙄
That's 4 visits, not one list from a single test lol
There were a couple more things that I can't remember, plus the time I took it to a different place and the guy just waved me away because it was right hand drive 🤣
Supposedly you've got 30 days to get the car registered from the day you first import it or they can give you a fine, I took 6 months and they never mentioned it 🤷🏻

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
It's basically their version of an MOT. Take it in every year and they give it a once over. The British one didn't transfer over so it had to have a fresh one before it could be registered though. They check stuff like headlight alignment, if your brakes and handbrake work, and supposedly emissions but I think that's only if your car is blowing smoke out of the exhaust because the entire test only takes about 10 minutes.
Mine failed because it didn't have an airbag, then because he thought the exhaust was too loud despite not testing it, then my handbrake stopped working on one side, then my brake pedal was too smooth 🙄
That's 4 visits, not one list from a single test lol
There were a couple more things that I can't remember, plus the time I took it to a different place and the guy just waved me away because it was right hand drive 🤣
Supposedly you've got 30 days to get the car registered from the day you first import it or they can give you a fine, I took 6 months and they never mentioned it 🤷🏻

Smooth brake pedal. That’s a new one on me!

I suppose it’s the same over here with polish plates where they need to be switched over before a certain time but can guarantee that cars have overstayed their welcome.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Did they ever sell the mk2 sport models in Poland? I’m sure there are plenty of regular mk2s about, but it must be quite a rare car in Poland I’d have thought.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Did they ever sell the mk2 sport models in Poland? I’m sure there are plenty of regular mk2s about, but it must be quite a rare car in Poland I’d have thought.
I've seen one 172 since moving here and that's it. There's always 2 or 3 on the Polish equivalent of Auto trader, but at least one will be a track toy.

X J07HAM

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 200/RS 182
Had the wheels off and gave the arches a good clean to get all the winter grime out ready to be wire brushed and undercoated. Was quite surprised to see how tidy the arches were considering the rot starting on the rear wheel arch.

Gave the whole car a quick once over and the wheels a thorough wash ready to go to the local bodyshop to see what can be done about the arches and possibly sills.
1000003090.jpg

Attachments

• 20240309_120217.jpg
    20240309_120217.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 27
  • 20240309_143912.jpg
    20240309_143912.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 27

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Does anyone know if it’s possible to repair this or could someone possibly replicate them?

I’ve put a wanted thread up in vein but this part is NLA # 7711291177

IMG_3262.jpeg

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Does anyone know if it’s possible to repair this or could someone possibly replicate them?

I’ve put a wanted thread up in vein but this part is NLA # 7711291177

View attachment 1684220
Ebay is your best bet, you have to set up an alert based on the search term 172 cup stickers, it worked for me although I paid an eye watering £40 for them but as they are nla I guess it is what it is.

172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER
Ebay is your best bet, you have to set up an alert based on the search term 172 cup stickers, it worked for me although I paid an eye watering £40 for them but as they are nla I guess it is what it is.
This should make you feel better about the £40

Attachments

• Cup stickers.png
    Cup stickers.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 39

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
I wonder how much the 172 cup rear brake light now costs I remember struggling to get one for under £150 around 8 years back. I’m scared to look now. If the stickers go up any more we could see thieves walking about with hair dryers and dental floss.

Fixed my rain sensor and fitted 7x15 Turinis. Needs a 205 tyre and a wash :/

Attachments

• Wheels.jpg
    Wheels.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • Rain sensor.jpg
    Rain sensor.jpg
    676.6 KB · Views: 32

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Picked a few pieces up for my car in the quest to get it looking a little more standard over the past few weeks. Managed to get an iceberg cup spoiler and complete bumper, undertray and a #2 from a lad breaking a cup off a FB group.

IMG_3612.jpeg

IMG_3613.jpeg

IMG_3614.jpeg

Also got a powerflex engine mount insert to fit.

And today @mintno1 arranged for his parents kindly bring this ktec stealth exhaust back home with them to Mcr which I picked up this afternoon 👍
IMG_3881.jpeg

This week it’s booked in at Diamond motors for Mick to give it a once over in case I need to fix anything before the CS festival / trackday.