ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washing machine failure

Anyone ITK about washing machines?

I put a load on and everything on the display was working as it was. Went back later to check how long the cycle had to go but the display was blank and the cycle still going. I tried to pause the cycle using the pause button but nothing happened, same when I tried to switch it off with the power button. I just let the cycle finish then I heard the click of the door unlocking but there wasn’t a cycle end beep. Now the machine fails to do anything.

What would cause that? Control panel failure or a module failure or possibly something else? The thing that’s confusing me is that it finished it’s cycle before failing to power back on.

I’ve got a parts guarantee with Indesit but they want £119 labour charge so thought I’d troubleshoot myself before contacting them. I don’t want to go and buy a new module only for whatever has happened to short it again, if something is shorting it. I understand it might be difficult to diagnose without actually seeing it but any help on the matter would be much appreciated.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
First thing to do is prop it up and leave it to drain, in case it’s leaked and tripped the switch.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Can you claim the parts from Indesit but fit them yourself? f**k paying £120 for a 10 min job. A google search with your model number and fault would probably be most helpful way to diagnose.

First thing to do is prop it up and leave it to drain, in case it’s leaked and tripped the switch.

I took the top off and had a good look inside and didn’t see any signs of leakage on any of the components. The cycle finished as it normally does, by draining all the water from the drum so everything else seems to be working fine which makes me think it’s just the front control unit that’s gone.

Can you claim the parts from Indesit but fit them yourself? f**k paying £120 for a 10 min job. A google search with your model number and fault would probably be most helpful way to diagnose.

Parts are free of charge within the first 10 years if only fitted by their service engineers at the labour charge. I said the exact same thing you said when I read it. Google has come up with nothing. I don’t really know what part is needing replacing so just going to leave it to someone who knows. I’ve been put in touch with someone that’ll have a look of it free of charge so hopefully they can source me the part that’s needed.