ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrade phone with better camera - from Galaxy S7

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Any phones out there worth buying now that will be a better camera than my current S7?

I don't mean a flashy new thing, but for around£250 to £300 on music magpie store

S9 I thought would be better but reading user reviews, its not the case and the S7 is still preferred!

What's the deal with the P20 Pro? Are huawei now a bit of a duff brand after google (?) dropped the brand or something?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
They will still have Google support in the p20 pro. I'm not sure but I think @Old Tarby! has one.

One plus 6? Load the Google camera on to it
Pixel 2xl . Still one of the best cameras and it's 2 years old.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I've found a P20 Pro that I like the look of.

Camera seems streets ahead on reviews, so there's no issue having a huawei phone these days?

As you can tell I'm no tech geek, just want a decent camera phone

I don't understand all the rooting and that shiz so just want one to use out the box

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
They will still have Google support in the p20 pro. I'm not sure but I think @Old Tarby! has one.

One plus 6? Load the Google camera on to it
Pixel 2xl . Still one of the best cameras and it's 2 years old.
Yeah still love my P20 Pro.

The app thing is b****cks anyway, all you need to do is Google the .apk of any app you want and just install it

P20 is still supported tho, it's only the new upcoming Huawei phones that aren't

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah still love my P20 Pro.

The app thing is b****cks anyway, all you need to do is Google the .apk of any app you want and just install it

P20 is still supported tho, it's only the new upcoming Huawei phones that aren't

So would be a genuine upgrade from my s7 with a p20 pro? No issues or faff?

The pixels look good but I think I remember it's all google cloud stuff and no SD card?

The camera is decent on the S9, better than the S7 that I had. Have a look at mine tomorrow. I'm using it for my track videos through Racechrono.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
So would be a genuine upgrade from my s7 with a p20 pro? No issues or faff?

The pixels look good but I think I remember it's all google cloud stuff and no SD card?
Yeah defo be better than an S7. Just make sure everything is backed up to your Google account, add it to the P20, and jobs a good'n.

No need for expandable storage at all in this day and age

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah defo be better than an S7. Just make sure everything is backed up to your Google account, add it to the P20, and jobs a good'n.

No need for expandable storage at all in this day and age

I don't like this cloud shiz ha. You can get a micro SD card in the P20 pro? how do you listen to tunes via headphones with no jack?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
The camera is decent on the S9, better than the S7 that I had. Have a look at mine tomorrow. I'm using it for my track videos through Racechrono.

Ebay has a promo on tonight :)

182 clio
I have a p30 lite Huawei seems good.
Says 48mp cam Mrs has a s9 plus Samsung it's good as well can't remember the MP on it though.
Battery on mines is amazing can't remember quoted figures but only needs charged once a day an still have about 40% when it goes on charge.
Would recommend 👍

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ebay was doing 10% off until tonight and for some reason another discount was applied on the envirophone shop.

So I've ordered a P20 pro in 'excellent' condition with 12 month warranty. Cheers all

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
You can get a dongle which goes into the usb-c jack, if one doesn't come in the box, let me know, I've got a couple here and I'll send you one. I don't use them as I use Bluetooth now.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Legend cheers mate. No don't think I get anything, just a charger cable.