ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unforseen Circumstances,Tickets Avaliable

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Due to the crack in the windscreen and autoglass not being able to replace it til next week i`m going to have to cancel css.But this does mean i have 2 tickets avaliable,collection only,from junction 10 of the m6....and i`m in a good mood they are FREE.

If you pm me,i`ll give you my address and mobile to arrange collection this week,i`ll also include the free meal vouchers and the cs12 sticker.

I would also be grateful if a moderator/admin could remove me off the attendance list and my +1,thanks.

Just drive with the crack TBH.

Your name can stay on the list though, I'm not editing all the posts. It's not legally binding. Lol.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Ffs, drive with the crack I had one on my old van for nearly a year it'll be fine.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I dont want to park and have everyone look at the car with a big crack on the passenger side,and if it did fall in then the journey home would be dangerous.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Leon...you've raised it with Autoglass...its not your fault if they cant get the glass...I would drive with it and sod people looking at your crack (ooer). At the end of the day you should be fine and it would only be an issue if you were driving like a nob and getting attention (which I know is not your style).

You should be fine mate...and I've not seen you for a while. :)

Clio 172, Pug 106
Cant you use a different windscreen company?

My dads windscreen had a huge crack in it the other week, AG said it would be over a week, in the end he went with another firm who had the screen replaced the next day!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
we drove back from cambridge with a fully smashed in windscreen, like obliterated. its fine, it wont fall in, its just a crack, they are laminated

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Cant you use a different windscreen company?

My dads windscreen had a huge crack in it the other week, AG said it would be over a week, in the end he went with another firm who had the screen replaced the next day!

I have gone through the insurance company and its autoglass that they recommend,plus its cheaper too,£75...without insurance your talking hundreds.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Where exactly is the crack mate? Some cracks, depending on location and size, aren't MOT failures.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Passenger side,comes up from underneath the wiper plastic and travels up,across,up again.....luckily it wasnt there when i had the mot end of june,so no worries with that.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Passenger side,comes up from underneath the wiper plastic and travels up,across,up again.....luckily it wasnt there when i had the mot end of june,so no worries with that.

I wouldnt worry mate...saw a bloke last night driving a Fiat Punto (bad enough!!!) with a crack in his windscreen that looked like a medicine ball had hit it because of the web look on the windscreen and he wasnt caring, you should be fine mate...if you get pulled...put the charge through to the CS mansion! ;)

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
If you get pulled, just say you had a chip that cracked as you hit a bump 3miles ago.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
I have gone through the insurance company and its autoglass that they recommend,plus its cheaper too,£75...without insurance your talking hundreds.

Clio windscreens with auto wipers/ headlights cost £70. My mate does it for a living. Labour is around £40/50. 45min job.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Just an update;Autoglass has just replaced the windscreen,very quick and professional job,looks sooo much better than the old one,would recommend.