ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH and ECU par numbers how important

Hello fella's ,

I've had my car to renault for an intermittent starting issue. Reanult have been unable to diagnose the problem so returned the car to me. No charge.
Anyway the car has been sat garaged for a month so I decided to pull it out and non of the windows worked, lights etc all broke so I'm guessing the issue is with the UCH. Strangely the car started first time. Second time round car wouldn't start and everything else worked lol.

So I'm going to replace the UCH and ECU. Am I correct in thinking that as long as I get a UCH that matches the model I have (obviously with ecu and key) this will work. I have a UCH N3 bV5.5.

Secondly does the barcode number on the unit matter??

Reason I ask is I have seen one on ebay with exactly the same barcode and UCH version but it's off a cup and I have a non cup with cruise control surely this won't work on mine?

all help appreciatted

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
not 100% sure but as far as I understand the different ones correspond to what extras you have fitted, so it might not have cruise,abs and such like.

cheers for the response. Would be great if someone could chime in tho let me know whether the code under the barcode matters or not?

Cheers mate, worst comes to the worst I'll order from renparts. Steeper than eBay but sorted me out last time

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

PH2 172
Cheers mate, worst comes to the worst I'll order from renparts. Steeper than eBay but sorted me out last time

Think that applies to a new unit too.
Mick at Diamond Motors in Long Eaton is your man to speak to.

Like my aircon and cruise. Abs though would do without. Can't have cruise without abs though

dan's cast offs.
i know you can 'turn stuff off' but not sure if you use uch that was originally on a cup if that will have the normal setting in it? no reason why it shouldn't but got to admit not had much to do with the uch.

what stage is it at now? does it start? what works and what doesn't?

Everything is running now however before I sorn it. It had an intermittent starting problem. Solid red immobilized light which Renault couldn't sort

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Solid red means the it is disarmed. However if it fails to start, check and double check all your earths especially the main one to the gearbox, this must be tight, with a good clean connection. Had a similar issue with mine not starting due to this earth...

dan's cast offs.
Solid red means the it is disarmed. However if it fails to start, check and double check all your earths especially the main one to the gearbox, this must be tight, with a good clean connection. Had a similar issue with mine not starting due to this earth...

solid is key recognised but there is another fault so immobiliser isn't clearing.

dan's cast offs.
just came to me as well, uch are coded n1, 2, 3 etc. you need either the same or a lower numbered one if you end up swapping. doubt it's uch though. tried the relays and fuses etc under the bonnet?

Like I said Renault had it for week. They couldn't find a fault and reckoned there ess nothing a matter with the car. I'll check the earth on the gear box before I go forking out on a new uch/ecu. Problem is other than it having sat for nearly month and all these funny electrical problems. Since then everything has begun to work again. Starts every time as well.

Initial thoughts were a break in the loom so I was going to replace that, but Renault would have been able diagnose this and they didn't

They had the car for a week. Reckon they couldn't replicate the fault. Surely they didn't just start it every now and then?

The car was trailored in

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
They had the car for a week. Reckon they couldn't replicate the fault. Surely they didn't just start it every now and then?

The car was trailored in

Didnt they give you a run down of what they tested.

N yeh if it was a main dealer i could well imagine them leaving it then popping to it if it starts dont look into it

No breakdown of what they did. Service was pretty poor to day the least

So far I've split the loom to look for any visible breaks.

I'll check that earth strap
Take a voltage reading when it cranks.

I'll take it from there cheers fellas I'll keep this thread updated as I go

Possible culprit I think found on the earth strap, which is turns out to just be a battery strap.
864cfe9a4ed3423ecafa3e47b5e99ca0.jpg

So ive continued to tinker with the car this weekend. I haven;t got a multimeter yet. Went to start the car after reconnecting the battery and it wouldn't even turn over. Odd I thought as battery was fully charged before putting back on the car and had only been used to start the car and leave it to run for abit.

So I jumped the car and it started and ran. I then did an alternator test by disconnecting the earth on the battery and the car died. I'm presuming my problem has been the alternator on the way out?