ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turning Garage Into Detailing Studio

Hi Guys,

I have been restoring a Clio 172 Cup as and when I have free time as you may have seen on my project thread.

I am now in the process of creating a Detailing Studio and thought you may be interested to see the progress.

I started by sealing the concrete floor with 3 coats of a basic sealant:

C89DFF6F-4DDF-4196-8C50-9197F7C1621E.jpeg

Then today I layed some thick solid vinyl floor tiles from Duramat. I must say the quality is great and would recommend! I have also fitted a lip to the front:

6607BDF9-36C6-4B70-AFE6-961E9FDD878C.jpeg

Apologies the car is dirty but it was raining while I did this!!!

I have an electrician booked next weekend to come and add strip lighting down the walls and to mount the heaters to the wall. I am also going to be adding skirting and painting the ceiling white. Finally the rear section will be partitioned off with a set of double doors and the non car related stuff moved out as currently using for general storage.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Paint the walls white before you install the strip lights. Honestly it will increase the light .

Another handy thing to have is a strip of foam pipe lagging on either side to stop door catching the bricks. This can be done by mounting some pipe along the walls and then attaching the foam to it.

Using tiger seal to seal the airgaps in the garage door is handy too.

What cleaning products you going with
A mixture but I actually own a cleaning company and we manufacture some chemicals ourselves.
Paint the walls white before you install the strip lights. Honestly it will increase the light .

Another handy thing to have is a strip of foam pipe lagging on either side to stop door catching the bricks. This can be done by mounting some pipe along the walls and then attaching the foam to it.

Using tiger seal to seal the airgaps in the garage door is handy too.
Plan when money permits is to have the walls insulated and plastered etc so this is a short term solution. Great idea on the foam on pipe!!! I planned to insulate the door and fill the gaps so it’s on the cards pal. Thanks

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looks great. Very very jealous.

Out of interest why are you adding skirting? It just limits space if you end up putting more cabinets in or push boxes to the side.

Looks great. Very very jealous.

Out of interest why are you adding skirting? It just limits space if you end up putting more cabinets in or push boxes to the side.
The garage was the perfect width for the tiles so you are left with tabs running down the edges. I could have bought a load more and then attempted to cut down but it’s really hard on a jigsaw to get a perfect line so easier and smarter option is to add skirting to hide the edges of that makes sense lol.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Did the same with my door but added pieces of that polystyrene type insulation inbetween the bracing. Get's pretty warm in there now.

Looking tidy!

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great! Same size as my garage although i have a few bits taking up space down the size. My step dad is coming down soon to fit a shelf that runs along the front and sides above head height, floor space is so important in these single garages lol.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Looking really good mate, as already said painting the walls white will be really good for lighting. Love the floor

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
That garage door a hormann vertical or garador carlton? We sell the rubber weatherstrip that goes along the bottom to prevent the draught

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looks great! Same size as my garage although i have a few bits taking up space down the size. My step dad is coming down soon to fit a shelf that runs along the front and sides above head height, floor space is so important in these single garages lol.
I have actually ordered some of these racks for the walls for the same reason pal
4225F376-B4CF-4E1F-B591-ACF4433A33D1.jpeg

Looking really good mate, as already said painting the walls white will be really good for lighting. Love the floor
One day I will look to plaster but keeping on a budget for now as a little one on the way.
That garage door a hormann vertical or garador carlton? We sell the rubber weatherstrip that goes along the bottom to prevent the draught

It’s a Garador buddy, has a rubber strip on the floor. And some rubber strips on the sides.

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
Ahhh fair enough didnt notice. There pretty good tbh. The garage is looking great aswell [emoji106]

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
That looks great! I was very tempted with similar tiles for mine, but I cheaped out and painted instead.

Will be watching this for sure!
(This is now cleared out housing my RB!)
DBEFAFE2-FA0D-41A7-A6B6-7E18820E0609.jpeg

Fitted some racking for bottles they hold 16 which covers the majority of products used but can always add more! I have also ordered 20 bottles and triggers so that I can decant my various branded chemicals into them and keep everything looking tidy. Will label each one but OCD wants all bottles to look the same lol.

Oh and got a little stool to sit on :)

3BB69D80-9760-4F1A-82AD-3EBE98903BE0.jpeg

6769FFF9-DF3E-43DE-95B0-36441D66C5C2.jpeg

The bottles arrived!! I actually use very few (if any on occasion) Autoglym products but as I want to keep things as tidy and minimalist as possible I shall be decanting my usual products into these bottles then labelling to keep things uniform.

13AD3841-96AB-4527-AE9B-621A38710377.jpeg

Made a little more progress today with the help of a sparky! Now have 6x super bright slimline LED lights on the ceiling and one on each wall to give extra light to the lower parts of the car.

I have also fitted two electric heaters to the walls near the door to keep things warm when needed during the winter.

Rear partition wall with double doors being done on the 10th!

8B22DE1C-1B4B-4613-8F78-334B77DD0E5C.jpeg

3786BD9E-074C-410A-BFE9-2E8B24A72E25.jpeg

6DF0E3DC-BC61-4BA5-82BA-0996937A2F76.jpeg

The eagle eyed of you will notice the lights are off centre. The very eagle eyed will notice the original ones were in the centre. This is because we ordered 1200s and the others were 1500s so need to be replaced with a full set of larger ones next week!!