ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trouble with wiring LED strip lights for footwells

Clio 1.2 mk 2
Hey peeps, im new to here and hoping that someone can help. having problems wiring up LED strip lights into footwells of my mk2. other half has taken off interior light, to be faced with 3 wires, red white and black, had it all wired in, however, with the engine running the lights wouldnt turn off, but with the car locked they turn off. gave up with that so then tried wiring them into the sensor for the drivers side door, managed to wire it all in so it worked when the door was open, but as soon as we put the sensor back in the right place behind seatbelt pillar, the lights then worked the wrong way round. so door shut lights on, doors open lights off. can any one please put light on the situation, step by step would be nice (excuse the pun ) and possibly with a few pictures if any one has any. other half has an astra mk4 and didnt have any of these problems with his.

also ive noticed my interior light doesnt work, is this effecting all the troubles in anyway?

Cheers, Charlii

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Mine are wired to the light on the lighter socket, on with the lights, off with the lights.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
pull the lighter socket out, wire them to the BIG black earth, and the little positive that powers the bulb in the lighter / ashtray.
If you wire them to the interior light, you'll still need to get them down into the footwells.

Clio 1.2 mk 2
pull the lighter socket out, wire them to the BIG black earth, and the little positive that powers the bulb in the lighter / ashtray.
If you wire them to the interior light, you'll still need to get them down into the footwells.

yeah ive got them down in to footwells, took door seals off and wired them down through them. :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Next person to post shite, especially to new members, is getting a 24 hour ban and some points. Not acceptable.

​Cheers.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Next person to post s**te, especially to new members, is getting a 24 hour ban and some points. Not acceptable.

​Cheers.

I hope that's not aimed at me (in this instance) :S

thats all i wanted anyway. thank you for your help :)

Ah, in that case, crack on.
with a little trial and error, you should be able to suss out which wires to use on the interior light to give the desired effect.
it may be worth trying the LED connections inline on one of the interior light wires (can't remember if they're a switched live or a switch negative) as going from + to - may leave them permanently on as they'll bypass the light switch itself.
I've never really fucked about with an interior light as I've always run them from the lighter to work with the sidelights.

Clio 1.2 mk 2
I hope that's not aimed at me (in this instance) :S

Ah, in that case, crack on.
with a little trial and error, you should be able to suss out which wires to use on the interior light to give the desired effect.
it may be worth trying the LED connections inline on one of the interior light wires (can't remember if they're a switched live or a switch negative) as going from + to - may leave them permanently on as they'll bypass the light switch itself.
I've never really f**ked about with an interior light as I've always run them from the lighter to work with the sidelights.

cheers bud :) will give it a go on day off