ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy 220- Opinions...

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
IMG_1045.JPG

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
View attachment 182410 Hi in the track monitor, under settings, change the steering to S and the throttle to extreme. The car will need to be in sport mode to do this. Then hold tight:smile: Never noticed any jerking from a trophy sorry but they are fun to drive :smile:
Excited to have a play with the settings, I'll keep that in mind cheers ! Yeah the dealer did think it was a bit strange too, suspect it's because the cars been sat for days and not moved :)

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You don't notice any difference until you go sport mode anyway :) but you notice it then ok.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Sport mode is fine for giving it the beans, B roads and tracks. Definitely not when poodling around town, the gearing is all wrong, far too eager.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Miss mine massively!

Was a 15 plate 200T. Had full scorpion exhaust with both cats out, forge carbon induction, cooksport springs and mapped by Paul at RS Tuning. Was 235bhp and 275 ftlbs. Was absolutely fantastic! Took it Blyton and done over 60+ laps in one day, never missed a beat all day and then drove it home nearly 200 mile.

It was brilliant in every way, only morons slag the gearbox off. Its only real downside was its fuel economy, 28mpg at 2000 miles a month got tiresome after 9 months so i decided to part ways and i've regretted it ever since.

I think another one will be back in the collection in the next 12 months especially since they are already worthless.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Mine should be here on the 19th, earlier then I expected ! Does anybody what the run in mileage is typically on these ?

Civic type r fk8
Mine should be here on the 19th, earlier then I expected ! Does anybody what the run in mileage is typically on these ?
600 miles off the top of my head ,your running in the drive train and brakes just as much as the engine

2014 Clio 200t edc
Isn't that the rebirth of the ring killing one that was crashed? (The first one was an phase 1 in that colour)

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
IMG_1014.JPG
This is nice but I think all the Trophys should be the same colours as the F1 car with the spoiler/decals etc fitted from the factory. :smile:

Hi everybody, I am new to this forum!
I am about to buy a SH Clio RS Trophy from 2015 (non-facelift) and I would like to ask you guys few questions about this car:
- how do you find the day-by-day driving from the suspension/chassis stiffness point of view? Is it going to destroy by back or is it decently comfortable? Sure I am not expecting the Trophy to be like a Mercedes SL or big saloon cars :)
- does anyone know how much torque the EDC box can handle?
- did anyone have troubles with the two clutches from the EDC box? Anyone needed to change those? The car I am looking to buy is around 22.000km...
- besides 205/40/R18 and 205/45/R17 that I see are being accepted by Renault, is there any other size available?
- what would you suggest as a semi-slick tires for the track days? I was looking for Federal RSR-R (since I heard they are decently good and not very expensive) but I cannot possible find any RSR-R 205/40/R18 or 205/45/R17 sizes...
- how is the audio system in the Trophy? This car that I am looking at has the leather seats and looking on the web I noticed this trim should have a 4x35W audio system made by Arkamis

I need to say that I have never had any driving experience with the Trophy. I only drove once a normal Clio RS 200EDC for 10 mins.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Hash

Civic type r fk8
I am about to buy a SH Clio RS Trophy from 2015 (non-facelift) and I would like to ask you guys few questions about this car:
- how do you find the day-by-day driving from the suspension/chassis stiffness point of view? Is it going to destroy by back or is it decently comfortable? Sure I am not expecting the Trophy to be like a Mercedes SL or big saloon cars :smile:
- did anyone have troubles with the two clutches from the EDC box? Anyone needed to change those? The car I am looking to buy is around 22.000km...
- besides 205/40/R18 and 205/45/R17 that I see are being accepted by Renault, is there any other size available?
- what would you suggest as a semi-slick tires for the track days? I was looking for Federal RSR-R (since I heard they are decently good and not very expensive) but I cannot possible find any RSR-R 205/40/R18 or 205/45/R17 sizes...
- how is the audio system in the Trophy? This car that I am looking at has the leather seats and looking on the web I noticed this trim should have a 4x35W audio system made by Arkamis

I need to say that I have never had any driving experience with the Trophy. I only drove once a normal Clio RS 200EDC for 10 mins.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Hash
Welcome I have the car your getting ,suspension is stiff, but this is the trophy model and it's fine for me ,gearboxs are tuff the manual says you can do 1500 launch controls before the ecu stops them, here they have 4 years warranty so any problems should get sorted .

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
- how do you find the day-by-day driving from the suspension/chassis stiffness point of view? Is it going to destroy by back or is it decently comfortable? Sure I am not expecting the Trophy to be like a Mercedes SL or big saloon cars :smile:

Thanks a lot in advance!
Hash
Hi !
- When I testdrove the facelift I thought it was rather firm, I'm coming from a 172 with cup dampers and cooksport lowered springs so i was suprised at how firm, these also have hydralic bumpstops so despite being firmer - they should feel less crashy.
- Gearbox is a getrag 6DCT250 which is rated to 280nm so it's already at it's limit (People have remapped and they've been fine so far though) link below
http://www.getrag.com/media/product...20150915_GETRAG_Press_information_6DCT250.pdf
- Tyres are rather limited on these, especially with the supersport coming to an end. Some people have went with a wider tyre to broaden the choice, this will obviously affect speedo readout and may catch something if you go too different. on a 7.5j anything up to 225 should be fine width wise.

@Lctr and Mantis: thanks a lot guys for the feedback! really appreciate it!
Well, it looks like stock torque will be just fine :) I am sure I will find this Trophy a real animal when I'll first push the pedal :) Ever heard of the clutches wearing out too soon and needed to be changed?
About the wheels/tires: do you think I can go with 215/40/R17 on a 17'' rims? Only for the track days...I see Federal has the 595RS-R on 215/40/R17. They also have 225/40/R18 that I can mount on the stock 18'' rims.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Why the f**k are renault so akward about letting you test drive their rs cars?

Who buys a car without trying it?

It's like buying a house because iy looks nice on the outside!
Lol - and they wonder why sales are poor!

Just why would you pay a sizeable chunk upfront for a car that you might actually detest? That is one big wing-and-a-prayer that they are asking their potential customers to go for.

Civic type r fk8
@Lctr and Mantis: thanks a lot guys for the feedback! really appreciate it!
Well, it looks like stock torque will be just fine :smile: I am sure I will find this Trophy a real animal when I'll first push the pedal :smile: Ever heard of the clutches wearing out too soon and needed to be changed?
About the wheels/tires: do you think I can go with 215/40/R17 on a 17'' rims? Only for the track days...I see Federal has the 595RS-R on 215/40/R17. They also have 225/40/R18 that I can mount on the stock 18'' rims.
With regards to the clutch and gearbox wearing out, people would be soon on here and other sites complaining.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
IMG_1153.JPG
The OE Michelin tyres are very good on track as is the Clio trophy :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
- Tyres are rather limited on these, especially with the supersport coming to an end. Some people have went with a wider tyre to broaden the choice, this will obviously affect speedo readout and may catch something if you go too different. on a 7.5j anything up to 225 should be fine width wise.

What size are they stock on these? PS4 is available in 17 fitment and PS4 S from 19 upwards.

PS4 is better than (or at least equal to) PSS.

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
ive got a pre facelift trophy, its hugely capable when it comes to covering ground quickly, and really quick in a straight line, as said the o.e Michelins are superb.
Awesome car, its a joy to drive....... on fun roads on a dry warm day, the sheer grip from the tyres and chassis is fantastic, you can really hustle it along at massive pace, and it just takes it in its stride.

2016 Clio RS 200 EDC
You can't map a Trophy or the facelift model EDC
Hi Ric, I'm looking to Stage 1 my 200 EDC and it's possible to do as long as the Tuner has the right tool to read the ECU. The tool costs about £1800. You can drive to BR tuning in Belgium but I'm wondering if enough of us owners clubbed together we could persuade a garage to buy one. I'm thinking do a google poll on here.

https://doodle.com/poll/t2squ83kvn5wgrnm

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Strong money but will absolutely transform it. They are crying out for wider arches. Add those, cup spoiler and decent wheels with a slight drop and it would be a brilliant looking car.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Someone HAS to buy a kit and start knocking out copies...