ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transport 182 from Reading to Birkenhead docks

rik220

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

I’ve made a purchase of a non runner RB 182. I’m from NI so I’m thinking of different ways to get it home.

I’d need the car lifted from Reading and taken to Birkenhead where I would meet the person who lifts the car for me.

Do any of you know someone or recommend someone who does this sort of thing or would be interested in doing this?

Thanks,
Rick

I'd be shocked if @bloke can't recommend someone as he's on birkenhead docks

I know a few local lads with recovery trucks who could do the trip but it's £1/mile so not a cheap trip

Hi all,

I’ve made a purchase of a non runner RB 182. I’m from NI so I’m thinking of different ways to get it home.

I’d need the car lifted from Reading and taken to Birkenhead where I would meet the person who lifts the car for me.

Do any of you know someone or recommend someone who does this sort of thing or would be interested in doing this?

Thanks,
Rick
Was it the RB 182? If so you out bid me at 2 seconds to go lol.

I use shiply to transport non runners.

I was going to come in here and say that I don’t mind renting a trailer to deliver it to Birkenhead docks for you...

But I reckon to cover the trailer rental and fuel would be very similar to a transported price for the car!

Birkenhead is 290 miles from me.... Reading isn’t too far though ?

If it comes to it... let me know...

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
garage is there, i live in a posh bit ?

That actually makes you a viable option for repairs, lol. I'm struggling to find someone with RS knowledge over here.

Rik220, make sure you let us know how you get sorted out. I've been looking at a few non-runners in England and getting them home has been a hurdle. I never thought about getting someone to transport it, I was trying to rent a trailer and it was working out stupidly expensive.

dan's cast offs.
not had anyone going that way as yet so no price sorry. have you managed to sort anything yet?

Don't suppose it's on Kelvin Road is it as theres always Clios outside?

that's me, middle two units without a sign over them.

That actually makes you a viable option for repairs, lol. I'm struggling to find someone with RS knowledge over here.

no problem, i am literally a minutes drive from the terminal.

rik220

ClioSport Club Member
Transport company from NI I had booked to lift the car have let me down for the second week in a row. I’m in London until tomorrow. Was trying to get someone to trailer the car to the docks and id meet them there. At such short notice no one on Shipley is able to do it. Don’t know if any of you guys know someone who fancies it?

dan's cast offs.
Only one priced it and he wants £400!!

Still got someone else I forgot about to try for you.