ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traction light on a 172 Cup

Clio 172 Cup
Hey guys.

Bought a 172 Cup this year and slowly getting it upto scratch.

One thing that bothers me is that the Traction Control Light is on.
I'm guessing in it's life someone has changed the ECU.

How do I get it to turn off?

I've just bought Can CLip, but not had enough time to play to find out where or if that can be achieved..?

Thanks
Ben

Clio 172 Cup
This is continually illuminated..

InkedS5031945_LI.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Odd, because 172 Cups don't have any electronic stabilisation...

Looks like Cup dials though with the blue surround.

Is it definitely a Cup?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Very odd, must be something it's needed for on the Cup still.

See what it says with Clip.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Clocks need reprogramming with clip to disable the light, and most likely a few changes to the uch settings.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent, that's what I needed to hear.

Now, how..? [emoji23]

Bump!

I need to know this also. I bought a second hand ecu/UCH etc... turns out it’s from a 182 not a 172 and as such I have no speedo(which I think I’ve worked out how to change in CLIP) but I also have traction control light on that I want to get off!

Can anyone tell me how to turn the traction control light off in CLIP?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I came across this recently removing ESP from a 182 and had the same issue when I put a 182 ECU in my cup. Even after changing the expected modules in the Airbag and UCH I still had the light.

You need to do the same as @Brigsy suggests however, if the clocks are still showing after this then you'll also need to do the following, removing the vehicle trajectory configuration.

To perform a configuration dashboard, follow the essential steps below:

1 - Make a multiplex network test and ensure compliance. If the multiplex network is not
compliant (see MR multiplexing).
2 -. Disconnect then reconnect the battery
3 - Connect the diagnostic tool.
4 - Make a "test computers."
5 - Select "Network MUX" and confirm. CAUTION: Do not turn the ignition as indicated and confirm.
6 - Exit the result of MUX network.
7 - Select "Case Interconnection."
8 - Select "Command Mode".
9 - Select "Setup".
10 - Select CF 719 "type dashboard."
11 - Follow the progress of the procedure.
12 - Turn the ignition switch as shown to validate configurations.
13 - Cut and then turn the ignition before the select command CF 719 "type dashboard" to check if the settings have been accepted.
14 - Ensuring the absence of default picture : Here, there is just the small print procedure on a piece of paper and move to a nice little for renault you do the procedure