ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track/Race Suspension

GazzaCup

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4 Coupe & 182 Cup
What would you but if you had a £1200 budget
Race/Sprint use only

Ktec 750mc spec coilocers - looks like you get the harder springs required 740lb front and 450lb rear springs with Spax dampers
Gaz Golds or BC - looks like they come with much lower rated springs.

Do I go for the kit with the softer springs (for wet) and buy stiffer springs for dry?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
I had 750mc SPAX on mine. They were brilliant! Still not sure why I even upgraded to AST. Apart from them being softer see no difference yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Gaz gold for me, I had 800lb on fronts and 450 rear, have subsequently reduced the front to 650 after fitting roll centre correction kit.

Cant fault them one bit to be fair, I had to have the new front springs custom made as I couldn't find anywhere to supply the spec I wanted but otherwise they're pretty damn good for what I need.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
I've recently installed AST4100's on my Clio 182 used for the very same purpose. Prior to that I was running GAZ GHA's.

If you catch a supplier with a discount you can get 4100's within budget.

stebat

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I had 750mc SPAX on mine. They were brilliant! Still not sure why I even upgraded to AST. Apart from them being softer see no difference yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, Do you still think looking back this is just as good as the AST setup?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Im just looking to uprgrade from KW V2'S, currently im thinking of the bc's with 10/8 kg springs , i know the Gaz golds look good as a proper rear coilover. I know everyone raves AST but dont want to pay 2k for suspension on a car that may do 4-5 trackdays a year