ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Towing with A-Frame

Renault Clio
Thanks everyone. Have seen them being used by guys after auctions. Didn't realise there wa a weight restriction on using them, so will have to scrap that idea.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
It would also need to be under 750kg as it's unbraked

You do get braked ones but unsure how efficient they are as using the cars brakes surely just results in a solid pedal and very little brakes. Have seen them advertised before

Renault Clio
Can rent trailers for £50 a day.

Get someone who passed before 1997 to tow it back for you.
Checked today and can hire a trailer for £45/day so will probably go down that route, especially as I've been advised by couple of guys who use A-Frame for bring cars 'home' for auction and they would not advise using them without a conversion to implement the cars brakes (£400 approx) so trailer seems the better option.
Thanks to everyone for their advice

Renault Clio
Checked today and can hire a trailer for £45/day so will probably go down that route, especially as I've been advised by couple of guys who use A-Frame for bring cars 'home' for auction and they would not advise using them without a conversion to implement the cars brakes (£400 approx) so trailer seems the better option.
Thats me long before 1997 (think iot was around 1967!!!!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah same price from Barlow trailers near me for their Ifor Williams CT136 trailer, tows well.