ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This isn't a parade lap!

Evo
Lmao i did think this was a little different from the 2009 parade lap. Kind of spoiled the idea of a club parade 2bh but oh well, aslong as you all enjoyed yourself :p

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Was it you behind me Ben (RB 182)? Hello sailor, etc.

That was Scott in the 200 behind you mate. I only know that as I was behind him, I'm not stalking you or anything, lol.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Not to dampen the moment but it didnt even look that good from the stand.

Not as good as the saxo one last year!

Sam!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
That was Scott in the 200 behind you mate. I only know that as I was behind him, I'm not stalking you or anything, lol.

Ah cool, cheers Luke.

I had a really good time on the parade lap - and the guys in front/ Scott behind me were driving sensibly. I'm guessing we were about 10-15 cars from the front so where in the line did it start going wrong?

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  09 astra 1.6 T
I was behind a popping and banging blue one and infront of hodgins91, we stopped completley at one point and I could see everyone ragging it about on a straight, it looked like I did the same but I didnt, I tried to keep up with the guy infront of me but obv had no chance in my likkle 65 haha.

Clio 197
the parade lap was top, nothing wrong with everyone slowing down a bit to give it beans - at least from where i was in the pack (near the front)

what was better was getting my track time straight after - gutted my gay pattern part exhaust (std) melted the rear of the bumper! I must have been trying too hard!

Same issue we had with the 106owners ones.. fecking chav-fest

Everyone at the front was doing a steady constant speed and everyone at the back was slowing right down then nailing it
If you want to go fast - book a track session - muppets!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Same issue we had with the 106owners ones.. fecking chav-fest

Everyone at the front was doing a steady constant speed and everyone at the back was slowing right down then nailing it
If you want to go fast - book a track session - muppets!

It was more like a chain reaction rather than a chav fest

Owen

ClioSport Admin
^ exactly, chappie in the AG 200 leading us was doing it, and it just meant that the delay and subsequent sprint got more exagerated the further back it went.

Megane r26
To be honest i think everyone just followed suit, i sat in the pits waiting to go out an every car that went past me before i went out wasn't hanging around.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
1st time I'd ever been on track Naith, I can see how it can get addictive.

I haven't claimed it as a trackday. Well not to many people anyway.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Who was it who had to do a 5 point turn to get in line? Blue non sport iirc.

Fiesta STripes
Not to dampen the moment but it didnt even look that good from the stand.

Not as good as the saxo one last year!

Sam!

That was a memorial lap for Gav Collier if IIRC?

The three people who got flagged were banned off the site too so I believe.

I didn't witness your lap actually, i'd gone by then!