ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

James' Phase 1 Clio 172

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Ive found most exhausts to be drony without the mid silencer, might be worth having a ride in a car with one and one without.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
No centre section usually means more rasp too. Does with the civics, not a fan. Fit well tho!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Full set of cup shocks and eibach sportlines are on the way to me.
Also got my Snappy steering wheel fitted. Well impressed!
IMG_20180804_172235.jpg
IMG_20180804_172248.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Full set of cup shocks and eibach sportlines are on the way to me.
Also got my Snappy steering wheel fitted. Well impressed!
View attachment 1380364View attachment 1380365
Makes me want to send my wheel off to him, spoke to him last year just haven't organised it yet, have a spare wheel as well to send, it's on the to do list ?you must be chuffed with that, how long did it take from him receiving the wheel?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Well for the first time in over a year I've actually done something with this. Wheel are off and tomorrow they're off to be painted silver.

IMG_20200122_173412.jpg

Now it's up on stands with the wheels off I'll start to crack on with all the jobs I have been meaning to do for ages.
I managed to pick up an uncut bumper last week so the powerflow will be coming off in favour of a standard one, and then bumpers swapped over.

I'll get the cup shocks and eibachs on aswell while it's up in the air.
Hoping to get it MOT'd and back on the road in a month or two.

Needs a bloody good clean tho! It's covered in dust
IMG_20200122_173351.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Spent a few hours in the garage today doing some bits.
The front shocks and apex springs are out. Cup shocks and eibach sportlines are now in.
Rear has been stripped out ready for the new rear cup shocks from RPD getting delivered tomorrow.

Quick before pic
IMG_20200405_144105.jpg

Will get some afters tomorrow. The yellow calipers are now silver aswell.

Rear bumper is off and so is the powerflow exhaust that came on the car. OEM exhaust is ready to go on, aswell as an uncut rear bumper.

Will be doing a full fluids change over the next few days

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Getting my spare driver's seat demoulded and cleaned up ready to swap over tomorrow. Will give it a shave aswell
IMG_20200408_165706.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Old v new
IMG_20200410_153023.jpg

Forgot how easy working on these is. Full suspension swap on my own in very little time at all. Be even quicker if I put some effort in, but the sun is beating down on the garage and it's like a b*****d sauna in here!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
progress! miiint! commuted in mine again today, black grape blaring out from the minidisc, love a phase 1

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
progress! miiint! commuted in mine again today, black grape blaring out from the minidisc, love a phase 1
Got a minidisc player in yours? Proper retro!
Nah I was kidding mate. I had Apex on my old dCi rep and it was like being a brick in a washing machine😂😂

Someone off Facebook will buy them no doubt. I can't actually remember what it drove like with them on, but I'm sure as hell it'll be a load better now!

Operation under bonnet tidy up has begun today whilst I wait for a few other bits to be delivered.

IMG_20200414_195129.jpg

Not going mad with it, just want to clean up the cam cover/inlet/top mount so it looks fresh. It's not getting painted as I like the natural look. Just needs to be clean!

New sparkplugs and inlet gasket are on the way from RPD, aswell as gear oil and new sump plugs.

I really want to change the inner anti roll bar bushes, but they look and sound like an absolute nightmare! I could just have them done when it goes for MOT I spose, but it would of been nice to do myself. Outers look easy