ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Honda. Tesla Someday
Whats the point though?

Well if you don’t already have a steam link, then you can use your Xbox as one and stream PC games to the living room TV. You can also stream any content to the TV from PC in the same way. It’s an awesome addition and one I’ve waited for for a while. I have a steam link in the living room but not in the bedroom, so the second Xbox will come in handy for streaming from PC.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Just a heads up for anyone who wants Xbox game pass you can get it for £1 and it'll last as long as you have left on your Xbox gold subscription. I just added another 12 months gold then did the game pass ultimate and saved a bunch of money. 18 months of game pass and gold for me and only cost £40 for the usual 12 month gold code + £1 for the game pass ultimate.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Just a heads up for anyone who wants Xbox game pass you can get it for £1 and it'll last as long as you have left on your Xbox gold subscription. I just added another 12 months gold then did the game pass ultimate and saved a bunch of money. 18 months of game pass and gold for me and only cost £40 for the usual 12 month gold code + £1 for the game pass ultimate.

Was thinking about upgrading to game pass, got 6 months live left but think I’ll add another 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
You can stack up to 3 years' worth of XBox Live, then convert all of it for £1, so I now have 35 months of Game Pass Ultimate.

As a heads up, the current XBox Live Gold and Game Pass subscriptions are ending (later this year IIRC) and being merged into a single service, which is Game Pass Ultimate, so doing this now will save you a lot of money in the long run.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ga...criptions-1-months-20-days-xbox-store-3244069

Honda. Tesla Someday
You can stack up to 3 years' worth of XBox Live, then convert all of it for £1, so I now have 35 months of Game Pass Ultimate.

As a heads up, the current XBox Live Gold and Game Pass subscriptions are ending (later this year IIRC) and being merged into a single service, which is Game Pass Ultimate, so doing this now will save you a lot of money in the long run.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ga...criptions-1-months-20-days-xbox-store-3244069

Already did it, AMAZING deal!!!!

133T
Hi, can anyone offer advice on my below scenario.

My lad plays my Xbox one S at my house. We’re going to get him his own digital only version for Christmas. This would be based at his mums house.

Can he share my live? He also has downloads paid for on my account. Can he access these? What would be the best plan?

I’ve started googling.. :)

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hi, can anyone offer advice on my below scenario.

My lad plays my Xbox one S at my house. We’re going to get him his own digital only version for Christmas. This would be based at his mums house.

Can he share my live? He also has downloads paid for on my account. Can he access these? What would be the best plan?

I’ve started googling.. :)

Game sharing. He will have access to Xbox Live and all the games and content.

Sign him in to the new Xbox using his OWN Xbox Gamertag and you're done. The reason why I say make sure he uses his OWN Gamertag is because you can only log in to one Xbox at a time with a Gamertag - so for example if you are on YOUR Xbox and he logs in at his mums house with our gamertag, it will log you out even if you are mid game.

So - Make his new Xbox your "Home Xbox", set him up his own gamertag and you are done! Simple. Oh and while you're at it, set it up so the defaul log in on his Xbox is his own Gamertag, it will stop it logging in to your gamertag and signing you out.

Hope this helps!!

133T
Game sharing. He will have access to Xbox Live and all the games and content.

Sign him in to the new Xbox using his OWN Xbox Gamertag and you're done. The reason why I say make sure he uses his OWN Gamertag is because you can only log in to one Xbox at a time with a Gamertag - so for example if you are on YOUR Xbox and he logs in at his mums house with our gamertag, it will log you out even if you are mid game.

So - Make his new Xbox your "Home Xbox", set him up his own gamertag and you are done! Simple. Oh and while you're at it, set it up so the defaul log in on his Xbox is his own Gamertag, it will stop it logging in to your gamertag and signing you out.

Hope this helps!!
Superb Deekay, thank you. Sounds straight forward (y)

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Hmmm not sure on the looks. I'm not sure it would fit on my TV stand lol. Wonder what the retail will be?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Don't mind the way it looks, reminds me of a Corsair One. I would assume that's the more powerful "Anaconda" version, interesting to see what the "Lock Heart" version looks like. It's basically a PC anyways with Ryzen 3000 processor and RDNA GPU

Honda. Tesla Someday
I love it - will be a day one purchase for me as usual lol. You can also lay it on its side. All your current controllers work with it - and ALL the games you own that work on Xbox One, will work with the Series X - including the original Xbox games and 360 games. It even has GamePass and your full library of games.

People in the industry are saying it is a beast and they are super impressed with the stats etc. It really is shaping up to be crazy.

Cupra
I am slightly underwhelmed with my OneX versus the One. I have a 4K TV and was expecting to see a major difference, but I am struggling.
I gave my old day one Xbox One to my son, but since the November update, all the controllers are constantly disconnecting, like every two seconds. I have tried various controllers, moved the Xbox to another floor of the house (to rule our interference from something near the TV), done a reset of the thing but it is driving me nuts. The only way to use it is with the USB cables attached to the controllers.
Anybody had similar?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Just got a xbox one so just need to find some good games!
Any recommendations?

Erm Xbox hasn't been great for exclusives this gen tbh. What type of games do you play? I take it that it doesn't matter if they are Xbox exclusive or not?

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Not driving games as I find them crap on consoles. Open to pretty much anything else. I used to like stuff like c&c and the mech warrior games on the pc years ago.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I was playing the Outer Worlds recently and that's something i highly recommend. Get the game pass and you can find some decent games there.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Ha ha nah I find rally games crap tbh. Would rather go for a drive out to brush up on what little skill I have lol

This one is actually meant to be rather good. They've put a lot of effort into making it accurate apparently and a few pro rally drivers were involved in making it.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
I was playing the Outer Worlds recently and that's something i highly recommend. Get the game pass and you can find some decent games there.

Yeah got the game pass as it was £1 for 3 months.
This one is actually meant to be rather good. They've put a lot of effort into making it accurate apparently and a few pro rally drivers were involved in making it.
The only rally game I have played was an old one on the pc that used the British rally championship

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
The only rally game I have played was an old one on the pc that used the British rally championship

Was that the one with the F2 cars in it? I think I had that if so.

I haven't played one for quite a while but things are meant to have improved a bit. Ryan Champion and Jon Armstrong were consultants on DR2.0. Apparently they have even modelled surface degradation into the roads!

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Was that the one with the F2 cars in it? I think I had that if so.

I haven't played one for quite a while but things are meant to have improved a bit. Ryan Champion and Jon Armstrong were consultants on DR2.0. Apparently they have even modelled surface degradation into the roads!

This one. The F2 cars were epic.
Screenshot_20191231_145037_com.android.chrome.jpg

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Gears of War 5 looks superb on One X in 4K and HDR. Definitely worth a look if you've just got a new Xbox One X and looking for a 'showpiece' game. Assuming you like that genre of game... :)

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
So today played. Dirt 2.0 (crap on a controller, would imagine good on a good wheel setup)
Pubg was crap also!
Got Battlefield 4 to try next time I get a chance.