ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
This update has finally sorted out my controller random disconnect issues. So hopefully it will help anyone else that's been suffering with that the past few months.

Mito Sportiva 135
What is a good 1 or 2tb external storage drive for One? I want to ask for one for Christmas and not sure whether to prioritise brand, speed or transfer rate?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Any usb 3 should be ok - it'll be as good as if not better than the internal one.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
This is pretty funny. I hadn't ever had any controller disconnect issues. Until after the new update. FFS.
Yeah, mine has been the same, it's been flawless, until I update - then it wouldn't let me connect to any party chat.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
What is a good 1 or 2tb external storage drive for One? I want to ask for one for Christmas and not sure whether to prioritise brand, speed or transfer rate?

It's a bit of a moot point mate as the Xbox One won't take advantage of any higher than average speed external drives (so no point in getting an external SSD for example). That said, most external USB drives do offer slight improvement performances over the internal drive.

Personally I run one of these - plug in and away you go.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FZU9JYI/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
If anyone's looking for the console, Shopto are doing the 500GB version with Star Wars and Fifa for £279.99.
I think that's a decent price!

182 Trophy #333
Zavvi doing a 1TB with Halo V and Forza 6 for £279.99 and a 500GB with Fifa 16, Halo V, Forza 6 and Rise of the Tomb Raider for £309.99 (both without kinect ofc)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
So the new update hasn't fixed the controller disconnect issues for me. And now my TV Playback is awful and jittery, I have to go into another app entirely and come back out for it to start playing smooth again. And as for youtube, it's completely unwatchable. It's like watching a f**king stop-motion animation.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Do any of the newer consoles (since launch) have better hardware (other than a bigger HDD)?
The new elite console comes with the new elite controller and a hybrid hard drive which should help with load times a fair bit.

Reactions: C.J
  Mito Sportiva 135
It's a bit of a moot point mate as the Xbox One won't take advantage of any higher than average speed external drives (so no point in getting an external SSD for example). That said, most external USB drives do offer slight improvement performances over the internal drive.

Personally I run one of these - plug in and away you go.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FZU9JYI/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Thanks for the advice mate

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks. I feel my Day One is sluggish. Wonder if a new console is the answer.
I was also considering the swap, but I think an external SSD might prove a better increase in performance for the cost.
There are a few articles/blogs/threads online comparing load times, the differences aren't massive but still significant imo.

Goliath I
Browsing through my games section and there's a list of 360 games listed on the side which are 'Ready to Install'... Can't even remember buying half of them! lol

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Just posting this as I searched for it;

Xbox 360 Games Playable On Xbox One
  • A Kingdom for Keflings
  • A World of Keflings
  • Alien Hominid HD
  • Assassin's Creed II
  • Asteroids & Deluxe
  • Banjo Kazooie: N n B
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Banjo-Tooie
  • BattleBlock Theater
  • Bejeweled 2
  • Bellator: MMA Onslaught
  • Beyond Good & Evil HD
  • Blood of the Werewolf
  • BloodRayne: Betrayal
  • Borderlands
  • Call of Juarez Gunslinger
  • Castle Crashers
  • Castlestorm
  • Centipede & Millipede
  • Condemned
  • Crazy Taxi
  • Deadliest Warrior: Legends
  • Defense Grid
  • DiRT 3
  • DiRT Showdown
  • Discs of Tron
  • Doom
  • Doom II
  • Dungeon Siege III
  • Earthworm Jim HD
  • Fable II
  • Fallout 3
  • Feeding Frenzy 2
  • Gears of War
  • Gears of War 2
  • Gears of War 3
  • Gears of War: Judgment
  • Golden Axe
  • Halo: Spartan Assault
  • Hardwood Backgammon
  • Hardwood Hearts
  • Hardwood Spades
  • Heavy Weapon
  • Hexic HD
  • Ikaruga
  • Jetpac Refuelled
  • Joy Ride Turbo
  • Just Cause 2
  • Kameo
  • LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game
  • LEGO Star Wars: TCS
  • Lode Runner
  • LUMINES LIVE!
  • Mass Effect
  • Metal Slug 3
  • Metal Slug XX
  • Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Missile Command
  • Monday Night Combat
  • Monkey Island 2: SE
  • Monkey Island: SE
  • Ms. Splosion Man
  • Mutant Blobs Attack
  • N+
  • NBA JAM: On Fire Edition
  • NiGHTS into dreams...
  • OF: Dragon Rising
  • Pac-Man C.E.
  • PAC-MAN CE DX+
  • Perfect Dark
  • Perfect Dark Zero
  • Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
  • Pinball FX
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • Prince of Persia
  • Putty Squad
  • R-Type Dimensions
  • Rayman 3 HD
  • Sacred Citadel
  • Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
  • Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe
  • Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
  • Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
  • Shadow Complex
  • Sonic CD
  • Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 2
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 3
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Supreme Commander 2
  • The Stick of Truth
  • Tom Clancy's RainbowSix Vegas
  • Tom Clancy's RainbowSix Vegas2
  • Torchlight
  • Toy Soldiers
  • Toy Soldiers: Cold War
  • Tron: Evolution
  • Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon
  • Viva Piñata
  • Viva Piñata: TIP
  • Wolfenstein 3D
  • Zuma

Playing a 360 game on the One feels old school. Even the notifications are 360 (friends online etc).

I've been playing Dirt3 (free on Games for Gold at the moment).

Just picked an Xbox up the other day, forza edition. Start up noise is annoying, backwards compatibility list is a joke.... None of my games have transferred over barring dirt 3, and the home screen is weird.

Forza 6 is f*cking amazing though.

How do I get on the 'ring challenge everyone is setting times on? Or is it just a free play thing?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Just picked an Xbox up the other day, forza edition. Start up noise is annoying, backwards compatibility list is a joke.... None of my games have transferred over barring dirt 3, and the home screen is weird.

Forza 6 is f*cking amazing though.

How do I get on the 'ring challenge everyone is setting times on? Or is it just a free play thing?

The ring challenge is just something you set up yourself. Not a rivals event thing.

Best way to do it is go into leaderboards, C class and the Nurburgring and race from there.

Hopefully the list of game on backwards compatibility will get bigger too but agreed its s**t at the minute.

The ring challenge is just something you set up yourself. Not a rivals event thing.

Best way to do it is go into leaderboards, C class and the Nurburgring and race from there.

Hopefully the list of game on backwards compatibility will get bigger too but agreed its s**t at the minute.

Is that what everyone else he been doing, C class? Your e30 looks a lot quicker than C class.

I just want to play trials HD and evo, and I'd like the games I've actually paid for to be transferable, not that I'm going to play them but f*ck it I paid for them.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah my E30 ring video was a C class. Should be in top 50 still look for Arizer on the leaderboards and you'll be able to set my lap as your ghost car to follow.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just been given Forza 6 as an early Christmas present by the mrs. Haven't played a car game somce NFS Underground 2! Can't wait to get on it about 10pm.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Just noticed the Xbox One now has a Sky Go app! (The proper one with on demand content and live TV)

Logged in and it works brilliantly - even better than it was on the Xbox 360! Hell yeahhhh!!!!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just noticed the Xbox One now has a Sky Go app! (The proper one with on demand content and live TV)

Logged in and it works brilliantly - even better than it was on the Xbox 360! Hell yeahhhh!!!!

Genius! I've been having to carry my xbox one and xbox 360 between uni and home just so I can watch the football on the 360. Finally!!

Impreza & Clio 172
Bought my nipper Fallout4 for his birthday last week and it seems i spend more time when he is asleep playing it than he does lol

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Still drops WIFI and controllers. f**k sake. It's been back twice now to Microsoft.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Scary how intuitive these games are to young kids now - little cousin came over the other day for the afternoon. Long story short stuck on Minecraft for him, he had never played it before, an hour later and he'd built a massive house, got weapons etc.

The generation after us are going to destroy us online!! Maybe they really will get to f**k our mums.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Far Cry4 is £9 on the Xbox Store at the moment, if anyone's interested. I'm downloading it now, FC is another franchise I haven't really experienced.

Mito Sportiva 135
Scary how intuitive these games are to young kids now - little cousin came over the other day for the afternoon. Long story short stuck on Minecraft for him, he had never played it before, an hour later and he'd built a massive house, got weapons etc.

The generation after us are going to destroy us online!! Maybe they really will get to f**k our mums.
To be fair, I learnt how to play Tetris in under a year.