ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The V8 Focus

Progress...

88F18604-9DEA-448B-8AF9-50D0FCC1D9A1.jpeg

Just needs the car interface sorting when ive given the car the same treatment and it should be plug & play.
Basically trimmed all egr stuff and auto box out, depinned the ecu plugs that aren’t required and got everything ready to match up with the focus ignition system then tidied back up.

Probably made a rod for my own back removing egr stuff but it’s excessive and I wanted it gone for more space in the engine bay (plus it’s not compatible with my exhaust

Reactions: 0ss
New brakes.

24mm bigger, 4 pot mark 1 RS brakes.
Coupled with I don’t know if I’ve shown people in here yet the standard Brembos from the 350z and it should have plenty of stopping power ?

8675A4DA-83DD-47EB-A631-7295A04C1C0B.jpeg

Just the small issue of PCD and internal bore to sort now - f**k my life!

f**king spacers don’t fit. The add literally says they’re for an S2000!

Fucksticks!

5mm is plenty spacing though it must be literally a sandpaper job as mentioned above. Don’t like spacers though

AAC93FDD-93BC-4ED4-B53E-577EA3BDAA71.jpeg

I need some help...

I need a spacer ring preferably made from aluminium. It needs to be 265mm OD, 200mm ID (not critical), and 38mm thick

I could probably turn something on the big lathe but where do I get a lump of metal that large from?

JoePeps

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I need some help...

I need a spacer ring preferably made from aluminium. It needs to be 265mm OD, 200mm ID (not critical), and 38mm thick

I could probably turn something on the big lathe but where do I get a lump of metal that large from?
That's the best way really mate.
You could get it profiled out but at that thickness the cut faces will look terrible and need machining up anyway.

0ss

ClioSport Club Member
How critical is the od and thickness? You could get it laser cut but it would be from 40 thick plate most likely. Cost I have no idea but I could enquire at work if you want?

Having thought a bit more about it it’s not gonna be as simple as I completely forgot about the pilot bearing.

This is gonna be more complicated than I thought and probably gonna cost more than I thought

I’m so I think I know the solution but I need a cheap single mass flywheel for a bmw getrag 5 speed

They’re dual mass from factory - if you can find me a really cheap DMF I might go for it too but I want a SMF

Anyone know where I can find one?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I’m so I think I know the solution but I need a cheap single mass flywheel for a bmw getrag 5 speed

They’re dual mass from factory - if you can find me a really cheap DMF I might go for it too but I want a SMF

Anyone know where I can find one?
Got anymore details on which bmw had it fitted? If you can get me details like dimensions I can ask at work as there’s a few that dabble outside of work. Lol

Got anymore details on which bmw had it fitted? If you can get me details like dimensions I can ask at work as there’s a few that dabble outside of work. Lol
It was in a z4 but I believe all getrag 5 speeds fitted to BMW’s are the same anyway. Some light reading may suggest old e36/46 cars might have a single mass flywheel

Flywheel is roughly 320mm wife but I’d have to get specifics later

so i bought a M3 duel mass & clutch which is 240mm iirc

so it will do for now with an adaptor and if i ever want to upgrade to single mass ive found some different options that are just too expensive atm (£300)

lets just get it working first!

Finally got my garage back, can play cars again.

Been working on a flywheel adaptor, the tolerances are a little too tight I’m not sure I can do it on my home gamer setup
D95B86D1-80D3-4E32-9517-45F530CBA89E.jpeg

How NOT to wire a 1UZ-FE - Flexus Part 10 - V8 Focus

Boring video full of wiring.

On another note been buying lots of stuff recently completely ruining my bank account. Nothing interesting though just the required stuff

josh11490

ClioSport Club Member
  Not a clio, Saxo vtr
I'm sure I recognise the number plate on the focus.

Did you buy it from waunlwyd, ebbw vale?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

josh11490

ClioSport Club Member
  Not a clio, Saxo vtr
Yeah it's the same car lol at the top of a hill, really steep lane going up the side a few houses before?

Crazy that I recognised it and now it has a v8 in it lol

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk