ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 172 Appreciation Thread.

172 Ph1
A recent trip to Spa Francorchamps , cracking trip

eecae35f7caaa4c0a86801979873dcaf.jpg

b3defc6a995ec2089c4489bab0e12a32.jpg
e6b37df8791ad1ad1d7ad01cca9a13c7.jpg
0e9f4f3d381d446f8edd03ce2f276b9f.jpg
eb5c35833d3fcc61cecb3c624dc4b0a0.jpg

LOK

ClioSport Club Member
  Trek
been looking at PH1's recently. Not many for sale - do you guys have a range how much one should be? also what are the most/least sought after colors?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
been looking at PH1's recently. Not many for sale - do you guys have a range how much one should be? also what are the most/least sought after colors?
Theres not many decent ones left now. I've got a 56k mile iceberg silver one which was quite rare.
It'll be going up for sale soon

partybish

ClioSport Club Member
They range from as little as £500 for one with rust in the sills (typical issue) that needs lots of work and belts etc doing all the way up to £7k+ for a mint low miles one in the rarer colours - that's if you can find someone willing to sell (sunflower yellow).

You can find the colours and numbers made on here but sunflower yellow is the rarest having made only 31, flame red about 60, and then iceburg silver/odessey blue. The most common are titanium silver and I see a few black ones for sale too. Best off joining the ph1 owners group on facebook if you want to buy or post in the wanted section on here.
I may be selling a titanium one soon myself.

partybish

ClioSport Club Member
They range from as little as £500 for one with rust in the sills (typical issue) that needs lots of work and belts etc doing all the way up to £7k+ for a mint low miles one in the rarer colours - that's if you can find someone willing to sell (sunflower yellow).

You can find the colours and numbers made on here but sunflower yellow is the rarest having made only 31, flame red about 60, and then iceburg silver/odessey blue. The most common are titanium silver and I see a few black ones for sale too. Best off joining the ph1 owners group on facebook if you want to buy or post in the wanted section on here.
I may be selling a titanium one soon myself.
Forgot to mention the exclusive in scarab green - they made 172 of these in the UK.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Decided to swap out the skoda splitter for a cupra R one and think it really suits a ph1.

After briefly having a gripper diff in the car ( now going into the Mk1 in the back ground) it transforms the car so much that I really want a diff for it , so man maths has kicked in and I'm meg swapping it with an r26 gearbox over the winter, hopefully for less than what a diff and gearbox rebuild would cost for the jc5!

IMG_20190817_124255.jpg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Picking this beauty up shortly.

110k from new, one owner from new, should have shift light and Ali bonnet.

Engine rebuilt last year from a good garage due to rod failure so that’s a bonus.

completely original other than exhaust although body tatty.

Don’t really want another phase 1 but paid nothing for it tbh so worth a punt.

E2C1B4D6-E55C-4F03-AB4F-96616F7A1D62.jpeg

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Picking this beauty up shortly.

110k from new, one owner from new, should have shift light and Ali bonnet.

Engine rebuilt last year from a good garage due to rod failure so that’s a bonus.

completely original other than exhaust although body tatty.

Don’t really want another phase 1 but paid nothing for it tbh so worth a punt.

View attachment 1431347

What do you class as nothing these days?
I’m trying to stay away from buying another lol