ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I got an S10 about a month and a half ago, with 30gb data for £34 a month but it was £200 upfront (got £130 trade in for a broken S8 though so worked out only £70 to pay). I think the S10+ was £4pm more. That deal above sounds pretty good!

That was also with Vodafone. I was worried about their signal (was shite when I was with them years ago) but I've been surprised how good it is. I get better signal than I ever did with EE in my house and at work!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Deal with Vodafone is off. They've messed me about something shocking over the past few days. There was also an incident where they sent me a second hand, damaged phone which I had to return which led to a lot of faffing about. Their customer services were appalling when trying to sort issues and they kept passing me to various teams that did nothing but waste my time......

So....... I've cancelled all that carry on and gone for change of networks after 6 years. EE are offering a fantastic deal which I've gone for;

S10 plus in prism white, 30gb data with unlimited calls and texts, apple music, MTV's play, bt tv, and amazon prime video.

£99 upfront and £36 a month on a 24 month contract. Total cost is £963, handset is £899 from samsung so £64 for the tarriff. Works out at £2.77 PCM for the tariff

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Been SIM only for the past 4 years but think i'm finally going back to the dark side when the iPhone 11 comes out, some of the above deals seem too good to be true so fingers crossed they continue until october!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Been SIM only for the past 4 years but think i'm finally going back to the dark side when the iPhone 11 comes out, some of the above deals seem too good to be true so fingers crossed they continue until october!

I recommend you have a look on uswitch for phone deals when you're in the market for a phone. You can get some excellent deals atm

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I really need a new phone but im on a sim only with 3 and its got unlimited data. I can't give that up though for the cost of data nowadays! Use about 40gb a month.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I've used 62gb since 18th July. No way I'd survive without unlimited data these days. YouTube is the real data killer plus tethering to my tablet for the odd film and tivo app.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Google Pixel 3a.... Any good?

Some of the deals on 'Premium' phones are ridiculously cheap such as what is being offered above.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Google Pixel 3a.... Any good?

Some of the deals on 'Premium' phones are ridiculously cheap such as what is being offered above.
Because the phones are ridiculously expensive, my S8 was about £700 2 years ago now it’s worth £150 tops. That said my contract is up and I’m looking at the £900 S10+ ?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Any of these 3rd party sellers to avoid?

Fonehouse seem to be doing the best deals but don't know if a good company or not to deal with.
Me and the Missus are looking to start new contracts.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
More than happy with my upgrade from fone house. I would highly recommend.

I'm now on ee with an s10 plus and my number ported across. Entire process from order to using my new phone and porting my number took 24 hours.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Because the phones are ridiculously expensive, my S8 was about £700 2 years ago now it’s worth £150 tops. That said my contract is up and I’m looking at the £900 S10+ ?

GAME are offering £167 trade in for s8. I've just traded mine in

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
GAME are offering £167 trade in for s8. I've just traded mine in
What condition was yours in? Mines quite badly scratched, even though I'm very careful with it, and it's in a case, god damn new softer screen!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
40gb a month ? What do you use the phone for ? I'm lucky if I clear 3gb.

80GB here ?

Used almost 20GB in 10 days somehow.

3F28E336-2FA2-48B8-B348-682AFF73CBDC.jpeg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
So which Android phone to get?

S10 +, Pixel?
With Huawei 's issues I'm going to steer clear of them.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I’m thinking of moving away from apple and getting a p20 mate pro ? Are they any good ?

I'd recommend one. I've had mine 4 or 5 months now and think it's great. I came from an iPhone 6s too

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I like the look of the OnePlus 7 pro but there doesn’t seem to be many deals around, and although the phone cost is a fair bit lower than the S10+ the contract prices are way higher

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Bloke in the office at work has a one plus 7pro and loves it now he's settled into it. Wasn't keen at first but can't rate it highly enough now.
It has a little pop up camera too! ?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Bloke in the office at work has a one plus 7pro and loves it now he's settled into it. Wasn't keen at first but can't rate it highly enough now.
It has a little pop up camera too! ?
That’s half the reason I want one, all screen and no notch or hole punch.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
They couldn’t get it right with one fold, that one would be a brick when folded up.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The mate X and Samsung fold should make it out before the end of the year. It's first gen tech and I think they deserve time and patience. They've found fault in real world testing and went back to improve. On both devices. Innovation.

In regards to the pixel 3a. Amazing camera. Nice body, good budget for premium but lacking in many ways. Google have been given a lot of patience and lack of criticism, for things that Samsung and Apple would never get away with. Poor screens on 2 and 3. Dodgy glitches and stutters on something running stock android. Compare the abuse that Samsung got for clunky touch Wiz.

The Samsung one ui is better now and in 2 years my note 8 hasn't missed a beat. Even battery is still over working day with my heavy work use! Not many phones can say that.

The one plus 7 pro, although not really budget, is a great phone offering lots for a fair price. Samsung have the s10e which is fairly priced and punches the 3a out in my experience.

See MKBHD'S video on the pixel issues. For some reason they've escaped a lot of criticism. If the 4 isnt a very good phone, they won't be able to avoid it next time!

My new phone should be here release day 23rd...

Another phone which received a bit of criticism, slightly unfounded imo but there you go. This will be my 4th note if you include the 7. [emoji91]
66b40c28fe21774efeecc5ede4ded1f8.jpg
42114c9bf39e5344133d1472c3899f62.jpg
58b5537f366930db13d44327b4529ea8.jpg
f1ebcc9d8a03559c0a5acb26439c0dc3.jpg
3c48564f97c76a887dd06dd9134d1cff.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Top and bottom bezels not matching still annoys me so much.

Some of these photos taken with Pixel 3 are just stunning (and a lot of Lightroom)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pixel has a phenomenal camera for one lens essentially. It's what makes he rest of it so frustrating.
My future father in law is into his pixels and his shots of my son are incredible! Like proper professional looking pictures straight out the camera.

That's why the 3a is a good purchase for a camera guy. Aslong as you can put up with some drawbacks.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The mate X and Samsung fold should make it out before the end of the year. It's first gen tech and I think they deserve time and patience. They've found fault in real world testing and went back to improve. On both devices. Innovation.

In regards to the pixel 3a. Amazing camera. Nice body, good budget for premium but lacking in many ways. Google have been given a lot of patience and lack of criticism, for things that Samsung and Apple would never get away with. Poor screens on 2 and 3. Dodgy glitches and stutters on something running stock android. Compare the abuse that Samsung got for clunky touch Wiz.

The Samsung one ui is better now and in 2 years my note 8 hasn't missed a beat. Even battery is still over working day with my heavy work use! Not many phones can say that.

The one plus 7 pro, although not really budget, is a great phone offering lots for a fair price. Samsung have the s10e which is fairly priced and punches the 3a out in my experience.

See MKBHD'S video on the pixel issues. For some reason they've escaped a lot of criticism. If the 4 isnt a very good phone, they won't be able to avoid it next time!

My new phone should be here release day 23rd...

Another phone which received a bit of criticism, slightly unfounded imo but there you go. This will be my 4th note if you include the 7. [emoji91]View attachment 1430424View attachment 1430425View attachment 1430426View attachment 1430427View attachment 1430428
Screenshot_20190820-102956.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Gone for an S10, tempted by the S10+ but didn't feel the extra size was needed.

EE 30gb Data, Unlimited Calls/Texts.

£50 upfront and £36 a month through Fonehouse.