ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
They do look interesting. But I don't like having protectors or cases. Spoils the look and feel of the phone
I like them without but my phone would be absolutely battered within a week with my job. If I had an office job I'd probably keep mine naked.

They do a textured one which my mate has which is pretty good, saves it slipping from the hand. Some of these new phones are super smooth.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
The P20 came with a clear thin rubbery one. Couldn't use the phone without it as I constantly feel like I'm going to drop it

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Youtube Video here showing the various cameras of the new top phones.
P30 Pro at night is very impressive

There's something going on with this orange P30 Pro. I went to the three store to order it today since the phone upgrade team couldn't get it. When he came to put it through the system it didn't list it as a phone he could pre order. He said his manager knew there was a problem and is expecting info about what is happening tomorrow. The other colours were all listed, just not the orange one. I don't know if this is just a Three problem or a Huawei problem. If they get it sorted he said I should get it on Friday though ?

Aaaaaannnnd cancelled! :(

They won't be getting any orange ones till May. He said it could be longer. Apparently Huawei are releasing them as a special colour in America but not here. No UK company will be getting them for a while

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Aaaaaannnnd cancelled! :(

They won't be getting any orange ones till May. He said it could be longer. Apparently Huawei are releasing them as a special colour in America but not here. No UK company will be getting them for a while
Wtf? Are you waiting or getting another colour or going completely different?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Apparently in some tests the P30 camera isn't as amazing as some would have you believe, no great surprise there.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
The P30 has a good camera, but the rest of the phone is just standard. So unless you really want a top end camera and going to use it all the time i personally wouldn't be that interested.

I've been watching pretty much every P30 Pro review on youtube and I can't make up my mind. The videos it produces are a joke. So stuttery it's unreal.

Sometimes its photos look better, sometimes the S10's look better. Obviously the zoom is a game changer, but I don't know if it's worth compromise elsewhere

Tempted to just get an S10 :ROFLMAO:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I've been watching pretty much every P30 Pro review on youtube and I can't make up my mind. The videos it produces are a joke. So stuttery it's unreal.

Sometimes its photos look better, sometimes the S10's look better. Obviously the zoom is a game changer, but I don't know if it's worth compromise elsewhere

Tempted to just get an S10 :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I've seen some reviews that say it's not all that, even some criticising the picture quality when at max zoom. I'm torn, and without the pre order carrot I'm wavering massively.

The S10 is definitely the safe bet. I'm sure I won't be disappointed with the camera. The zoom is just such a great feature to have with you though.

I really want to see some comparison pictures of green scenery because that's mostly what I'll be using it for. All anyone has is Paris and selfies

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Got an iPhone 8 as a replacement for my works iPhone 7.
Had to Google what the difference was. Turns out it's the back made of glass instead of aluminium. Everything else is pretty much the same. Didn't have to buy a new case which is a bonus.

I'd be proper pissed if I was paying for this as an upgrade. We'll see how long the battery lasts as it's supposed to be smaller but better than the 7's

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Got an iPhone 8 as a replacement for my works iPhone 7.
Had to Google what the difference was. Turns out it's the back made of glass instead of aluminium. Everything else is pretty much the same. Didn't have to buy a new case which is a bonus.

I'd be proper pissed if I was paying for this as an upgrade. We'll see how long the battery lasts as it's supposed to be smaller but better than the 7's

I’d say an 8s battery lasts easily twice as long as a 7.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd be amazed by that tbh unless your comparing on old 7 to a new 8. Battery life didn't seem to change much at all from 7 to 8:

9.2hrs on the 7 vs. 10.4hrs on the 8

(It's an XR review but it has all the iPhones in the chart)

Interesting, mine, my gfs (no) and mate all had 7s and upgraded to an 8 and say the battery is night and day,even now a year on my 8 lasts me all day, my 7 lasted 4-6hours.

Quick summary of the S10 so far. The screen is beautiful. Camera is awesome. Don't care about not having the P30's zoom. It is fast and soooo much smoother than my S8 for scrolling. Smart unlock still doesn't work reliably, which is just incredible to me that the problem has spanned 3 generations of phones, but oh well. It has stereo speakers which is cool. The wide angle camera and live focus mode are insanely good. Coming from the S8 with just a basic lens makes the upgrade so worth while.

With the live focus mode you can adjust how much and what type of background blur you have after the picture is taken and grayscale it. It just makes the subject jump out at you. It only seems to work with one subject though. If you have two people in the shot it gets confused

I'll be getting some landscape shots this weekend which is what I mostly want the camera for. I doubt I'll be disappointed

Oh yeah and the Buds are absolute game changers! I'm so glad I got them. You forget you are even wearing them because there are no wires pulling at them. I can leave my phone in the lounge and use them all over the house and in the garden. They have microphones in them so you can turn on ambient sound as you listen to music. I doubt I'll ever use all of their charge, and even if I do the case recharges them, then the phone recharges the case! Love them