ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
@YorkshireKyle Can i ask why you went for an S9 when the S10 is just around the corner?

I personally can't wait to see what Samsung reveal in 12 days time. Hopefully the foldable phone will make its debut.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
@YorkshireKyle Can i ask why you went for an S9 when the S10 is just around the corner?

I personally can't wait to see what Samsung reveal in 12 days time. Hopefully the foldable phone will make its debut.

I got a good discount and got it for £450 brand new. The S10 would be about a grand

I'll probably keep this for a few years because unlike IOS it wont get killed off by hardware updates lol

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The Samsung S1. S10+ will have dual front facing cameras.
d49144c16e98438f6c9b729031640b81.jpg

Mini Cooper S sport
^ My husband's getting one of those when they come out, he hasn't decided which one yet. Probably the top one. I think I prefer the one without the curved edges but they're both great phones.

I'm VERY excited. I've just ordered an iPhone XR, my first decent new phone in years. It's sim free because work will pay for calls/data etc. After my iPhone 6 got nicked in Bulgaria, work replaced it with an iPhone SE which is making me want to shoot myself. I CBA to wait until whenever they decide to upgrade it, which could be months. And it'll only be a 7 when they do, cheapskates.

I went for coral, which is girly I know but I cannot wait to get my hands on it!!

Got it today, I love it! Awesome phone and the coral colour is stunning. So, so pleased with it. Which is just as well because I think it'll be a while before I rinse that much on a phone again. Face ID, it's so great, and I don't miss the home button at all.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Did the bezel style edge not bother you? I was set on a yellow XR then saw it in person with what can only be described as a black "thick" border put me off compared to the XS.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Wait what, I knew Samsung were going to unveil their foldable phone at MWC with the S10, but i think they have done it early. I just saw the latest Samsung advert on TV and it was there!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Interested to see the S10+ launch. May be tempted to upgrade the S8+ but the Google Pixel 4 apparently losing the ugly notch later in the year so might hold out and see.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've currently got an s8 and I'm thinking of upgrading to possibly a pixel 3

Has anyone on here got any experience of the pixel 3?

I thought about getting an s10 but £799 is a bit steep for me

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Keep away from the Pixel 3.

Why? Look up Pixel 3 strobing / flickering. Piles of crap.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a Pixel 3, its an immense phone, the camera is absolutely amazing. Also already running Android Q.....
How are you finding Q?
I went back to Pie after a couple of days, some apps that I use daily weren't working with it.

Seems good though, just a bit early for me with the Pixel 2xl.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...

They are crapping out everywhere. All to do with the sensor/screen to do with Adaptive Brightness and Ambient screen.

Known about it since November it seems and they've done feck all about it.

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
How are you finding Q?
I went back to Pie after a couple of days, some apps that I use daily weren't working with it.

Seems good though, just a bit early for me with the Pixel 2xl.

Similar experience. I have stuck with it as its my work phone that doesn't get used as much but the only real issue is some of the apps not working as they should, which I guess is understandable given its beta.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'm ordering the P30 Pro tomorrow. Can't wait to get away from Samsung
Last Samsung I had was an s3! What's wrong with them now? Well apart from they don't bounce. The wife's s7 and S9 both had cracked screens within a week. I didn't like the feel of either phone.

P. S. You can get a free sonos speaker if you pre order p30 through mobiles.co.uk which is dixons/ carphone group.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm ordering the P30 Pro tomorrow. Can't wait to get away from Samsung

I do like the Huawei phones, my missus took my recommendation last year and moved from Samsung to the P20 Pro... great phone, however I would note that one of the tech reviewers I follow on Twitter has his hands on the P30 Pro and said it's still not as good as the Mate 20.

They're good phones. Great cameras. But the software isn't great and they never fix things. They're also way too concerned about saving battery to the point that apps don't work.

Yeah I think everywhere has the Sonos offer. Three has unlimited everything and Sonos for £53/month. I'm due an upgrade with them so I'm hoping to get it a little cheaper. Can't decide if it's worth paying extra for the pretty orange one :ROFLMAO:

One downside to the P30 Pro I've just noticed is they don't have headphone jacks. The camera is the main selling point for me though

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They're good phones. Great cameras. But the software isn't great and they never fix things. They're also way too concerned about saving battery to the point that apps don't work.

Yeah I think everywhere has the Sonos offer. Three has unlimited everything and Sonos for £53/month. I'm due an upgrade with them so I'm hoping to get it a little cheaper. Can't decide if it's worth paying extra for the pretty orange one [emoji23]

One downside to the P30 Pro I've just noticed is they don't have headphone jacks. The camera is the main selling point for me though
Latest Samsung software is miles away from the bloated older versions. Closer to stick Android than the Huawei stuff, which is arguably the weakest point if Huawei phones.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

This is the only Samsung I've had. Even with the new Pie update, smart unlock still doesn't work and now my notifications aren't working properly. It's a bit of a joke on a 2 year old phone

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
O2 upgrade offers are shyte. They are trying to push deals at £50/month for 36 months! I could get a s10e through mobiles.co.uk with double the data and less /month over 24 months than from O2 direct. Think I'll just order a p30.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't get the fuss with Samsung bloatware tbh my S8+ is about a year and a half old and still runs like new. I was close to upgrading to the S10+ but not really worth it for now. Might see what's about next year. The price phones are these days it seems silly to trade up to something new when the current one still works flawlessly.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
This is the only Samsung I've had. Even with the new Pie update, smart unlock still doesn't work and now my notifications aren't working properly. It's a bit of a joke on a 2 year old phone

Bizarre that because my 2 year old s8 works flawlessly with the new software

CBR1000RR Fireblade
O2 upgrade offers are shyte. They are trying to push deals at £50/month for 36 months! I could get a s10e through mobiles.co.uk with double the data and less /month over 24 months than from O2 direct. Think I'll just order a p30.

A friend of mine recently found this out. O2 really took the piss. He saved 12 months on his contract and £16 a month by upgrading through mobiles direct on a p20 pro

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Pre ordered an p30 but been told I need to pay off my contract to upgrade as O2 have a set a limit of £33/month on my upgrade. I pay more than that now?. Fucked that off and been looking at p30 Pro deals. Seems the orange one is only the 512g one☹️. I'll not need that much space and I definitely don't want to pay for it. Changing phone is a right ballache.

Yeah I won't need the space either but it was only £4 more a month.

Three seems to have the best deal in terms of unlimited calls/mins/data for £53 for the P30. £57 for the good colour ;)

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Black one looks like everyother phone though, Love my twilight P20, not sure what I'll do come upgrade time, wish the P20 had the wide angle camera as its superb for a phone

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Vodafone have offered me a p30 with unlimited calls and texts, 30gb data for £33.60 a month. Reckon that's worth going for ?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Vodafone have offered me a p30 with unlimited calls and texts, 30gb data for £33.60 a month. Reckon that's worth going for ?
Best I found on a p30 was £38/month with 50gb data so that's not a bad offer. Seems the P30 has inherited most of the good stuff from last years p20 Pro. The P30 Pro is a different beast though.

Just what Jamie said. My last few phones have been black. It would be nice to have something a bit different. And looking at the orange one on youtube, it does look beautiful

The blue one has a really nice effect too tbh