ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'd recommend Huawei tbh.

My last Nexus phone developed a couple of issues and they sorted them immediately (I was on a contract so dealt with them, if it'd have bought outright I'd have dealt with Google who would have just replaced the handset apparently)

Had a couple of issues with the Pixel recently. The USB-C only charges now. No data transfer if plugged to the laptop and no headphone connection etc. I'll have to speak to the makers and get something sorted. No massive issue as it's easy enough to transfer via WiFi and use Bluetooth for audio. Want it sorting though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Not when you've gone to Samsung ?

You might get on with it, I just can't get on with Samsung. Probably not the best to company to try Android with tbh, they have a lot of shite on the phones. Hopefully you can remove the multiple duplicate apps.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
My boss has the S9+ and he was showing me his as he’d done the exact same as me. Gone from a 6S+ to his now and he said it’s 10x better than the iPhone. Just no iMessage and it takes a bit to wrap your head around the complexity of Android

I use Linux so I’m used to things being able to do exuberant things when used properly. I’ve not heard of any horror stories about the S9 blowing up yet like the S6/S7 so we should be good (hopefully)[emoji23]

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Bought an S9+, £450

Black, 128GB. Leaving Apple might make or break me, probably make me realise how s**t iPhones really are though

I swapped from iPhones after 8 years to an s8.

I wouldnt go back. Samsung has been flawless so far and I'm over a year in. Battery life is also superb compared to my iPhone.

Next phone will be a Samsung plus model, I've yet to decide to which model

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I swapped from iPhones after 8 years to an s8.

I wouldnt go back. Samsung has been flawless so far and I'm over a year in. Battery life is also superb compared to my iPhone.

Next phone will be a Samsung plus model, I've yet to decide to which model

That’s the one thing I need, a better battery life. At the minute I wake up, take my phone off charge and it goes straight onto low power mode because if not it’ll last me until about 2pm

Whereas a Samsung will probably last me all day and night

CBR1000RR Fireblade
That’s the one thing I need, a better battery life. At the minute I wake up, take my phone off charge and it goes straight onto low power mode because if not it’ll last me until about 2pm

Whereas a Samsung will probably last me all day and night

Screenshot_20181228-224736_Settings.jpg

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Bought a P20 Pro in the Black Friday sale, only just had chance to get it set up and get everything transfered over from my S7.

One thing that bugs me is the keyboard. Anybody know how to make it look like it was on my Samsung below? Rather than having all the characters above the letters like it is on the P20?

IMG_20190103_115706.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just get the Google keyboard.

I used to have swiftkey but I think it went a bit s**t after a few too many updates.

Screenshot_20190103-174311.png

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Got my S9+ today and I'm already loving it!!!

Only thing that was annoying was lack of SIM contacts but it gives me cha be to cut ties with some c***s that I no longer want to talk to[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Android is there to be tinkered with. Apps like Nova launcher etc should be researched to the hilt and used to make your phone what suits you.

Android has been using screen gestures for example for years and apple claimed it was new and awesome!

Not apple bashing, I just bought my daughter the XR but it's linear. All over.

Don't think of it as Samsung vs apple. It's iOS Vs android. I think Samsung out the box are fine but hey can be so much more with a couple of tweaks and an hour playing.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'm loving it So far. My Mrs has now thrown in the towel with Apple and just bought the same as me, S9+ but she didn't get a smashing deal like me

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Android is there to be tinkered with. Apps like Nova launcher etc should be researched to the hilt and used to make your phone what suits you.

Android has been using screen gestures for example for years and apple claimed it was new and awesome!

Not apple bashing, I just bought my daughter the XR but it's linear. All over.

Don't think of it as Samsung vs apple. It's iOS Vs android. I think Samsung out the box are fine but hey can be so much more with a couple of tweaks and an hour playing.
I've not bothered with nova launcher on my P20, as a lot of the things nova lets you do, you can do as standard on the P20

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Now I've got used to it, I absolutely love my P20 Pro.

Feels like stepping back in time when I've been using my S7 to get stuff transfered over.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The S7 is old tech the s8 was when everything came together. I jumped from a note 4 to note 8. That's a tech revolution!

Agree on the p20 less fiddling needed. It's the big icons etc I hate on Samsung.

My home screen...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190106-200940_Nova Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20190106-200940_Nova Launcher.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 169

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
The S7 is old tech the s8 was when everything came together. I jumped from a note 4 to note 8. That's a tech revolution!

Agree on the p20 less fiddling needed. It's the big icons etc I hate on Samsung.

My home screen...
Clean! Love it!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Has anyone hear any news about the S10 ? hoping to get this in April/may when it comes out.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone hear any news about the S10 ? hoping to get this in April/may when it comes out.
The leaks are pretty bang on mate. Pinhole front camera and full screen. New cameras and probably will have the in bult finger scanner.

Reactions: Gus

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
What screen protectors are people using for S8/S9's?

I've had the phone 5 days and I've gone through 2 protectors. The glue/sticky on them were w**k as f**k around the edge and they've both lifted

Anyone used the Spigen wet apply ones? Any help is appreciated

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
If it's anything like my note 9 they all seem to be crap. I had a glass one aswell but it kept coming off on the curve. I've got the Spigen rubber case which is great.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Not got a Samsung but I’m using a syncwire screen protector and I’ve had no issues with the edges at all.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
The ones I got were only £5 for 2 but I wanted them to last at least a week

I'll have a look into it, don't fancy not having something covering the screen. I got a Griffin Survivor case for it which is decent

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  09 astra 1.6 T
I just ordered the OP6T in Thunder Purple. It looks so sexy.

How are you getting on with it?
My contracts not that far off ending but I'm thinking of shopping my s8 in and going for a 6T now, gonna go to carphone warehouse and see what they offer me for mine.
I went on my EE app and theyre offering £215, seen them on eBay sell for between £200- £250 and I'd gladly take £215 to not have to deal with ebay/Facebook.

As an upgrade online I've seen the 6t at £38 a month with 25gb data and £29.99 upfront cost ,That any good? Or could I get better elsewhere?
My current contract is £43 a month with 5gb but I get a 5gb boost with having ee broadband, last payment is March. Don't wanna pay more than £40

Last edited:

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I bought mine outright as I'm on SIMO with Virgin for £8p/m.

It's actually great, the camera is much, much better than before, it's fast as to be expected and I've yet to experience any bugs.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
How are you getting on with it?
My contracts not that far off ending but I'm thinking of shopping my s8 in and going for a 6T now, gonna go to carphone warehouse and see what they offer me for mine.
I went on my EE app and theyre offering £215, seen them on eBay sell for between £200- £250 and I'd gladly take £215 to not have to deal with ebay/Facebook.

As an upgrade online I've seen the 6t at £38 a month with 25gb data and £29.99 upfront cost ,That any good? Or could I get better elsewhere?
My current contract is £43 a month with 5gb but I get a 5gb boost with having ee broadband, last payment is March. Don't wanna pay more than £40

I've got the 6t on Vodafone with 16gb data, no upfront cost and it's £35 per month so the upgrade you have seen is a good price imo

Phone is fantastic unless you are wanting to film in 4k and it won't work 1080p works perfectly though!

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  09 astra 1.6 T
I've got the 6t on Vodafone with 16gb data, no upfront cost and it's £35 per month so the upgrade you have seen is a good price imo

Phone is fantastic unless you are wanting to film in 4k and it won't work 1080p works perfectly though!

I couldn't get the £38 deal as an upgrade cause it was too early.
Ended up £48, 50gb internet and no upfront cost. And CPW paid £30 towards ending current contract early. Sending my s8 off to EE tomorrow cause I pick the 6t up today.
I did knock nearly £30 off my car insurance fiver on top of phobe ain't so bad lol

Only other one I've seen with so much data was 02 and it was £50 and an upfront cost

Any good transparent cases?

Wether it's a xz1 pixel 2 or a Tab S4 Nova launcher Sony live wallpapers Sony weather widget and Google keyboard uniform look [emoji23]

Mini Cooper S sport
I'm VERY excited. I've just ordered an iPhone XR, my first decent new phone in years. It's sim free because work will pay for calls/data etc. After my iPhone 6 got nicked in Bulgaria, work replaced it with an iPhone SE which is making me want to shoot myself. I CBA to wait until whenever they decide to upgrade it, which could be months. And it'll only be a 7 when they do, cheapskates.

I went for coral, which is girly I know but I cannot wait to get my hands on it!!