ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
22 and the 24. 24 ultra has the latest Snapdragon for galaxy.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Standard case with the Poco phone was meh. Bit of a mooch and settled on the Nilkin frosted case. Ended up ordering 2 from their store on AliExpress. Superb delivery time and the case is spot on. £12 delivered for the pair 👍

IMG_20240408_162920.jpg

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I'm just fedup of the s22 battery tbh. I've only ever run the phone in battery saving mode as it dies so fast. I tried standard battery today and I'm already on 27% and I've barely been on my phone.

Yeah, I have zero interest in big phones anymore. I much prefer the size of the s22.
Just to jump in on this. I had the S22 and, youre absolutely right, the battery life was f**king abysmal.

Waited for the S24 Ultra and, even though the phone is bigger, the battery is immense. I leave mine on battery saving mode so it only charges to 85%. Its also on the 'dynamic' mode so it conserves energy when it can. Honestly, I think I could get almost a full day of almost constant usage out of it now

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Yes.

Currently got the 14 pro max but it’s been pretty battered from work so this looks like good timing.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I ended up buying a Pixel 7 through them. Picked the best condition they did, ordered Saturday, arrived yesterday (Tuesday). It looks absolutely brand new, they've been great to deal with. Very impressed by the 7 so far, a very nice upgrade from my 4a!

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I ended up buying a Pixel 7 through them. Picked the best condition they did, ordered Saturday, arrived yesterday (Tuesday). It looks absolutely brand new, they've been great to deal with. Very impressed by the 7 so far, a very nice upgrade from my 4a!

I've been fairly happy with my Pixel 7 that I picked up before Christmas for £300.

Though it replaced a Pixel 6 Pro with a dodgy usb port, so not much of a change. I just miss the screen size of the 6 Pro.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've had my 8 Pro a couple weeks now, coming from a 6 it's exactly the same, except it's noticably faster, the screen's noticeably sharper/smoother/brighter, 5x lens is great as is wider wide-angles both front and rear.

I honestly can't say I notice the miniscule screen size increase over the 6, but I can say that I'd be super pi$$ed if I got the smaller ⁸ instead of the Pro.

Battery is about the same for me, maybe slightly better, just.

And with the standard Google case, it's a lovely thing to hold. Good size, good shape, good feel.

Lastly, onboard speaker audio compared to the 6 is absolute total b*llocks.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've had my 8 Pro a couple weeks now, coming from a 6 it's exactly the same, except it's noticably faster, the screen's noticeably sharper/smoother/brighter, 5x lens is great as is wider wide-angles both front and rear.

I honestly can't say I notice the miniscule screen size increase over the 6, but I can say that I'd be super pi$$ed if I got the smaller ⁸ instead of the Pro.

Battery is about the same for me, maybe slightly better, just.

And with the standard Google case, it's a lovely thing to hold. Good size, good shape, good feel.

Lastly, onboard speaker audio compared to the 6 is absolute total b*llocks.

Google seems to want to give me 261 trade in value for my ancient galaxy S20 plus, making the switch to a pixel 8 pro £538.

Seems like a no-brainer?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one. My last three phones were Samsung so be interesting to use something different.

Long term support for the Pixel is quite nice as I tend to keep my phones for three or four years.