ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno 182
Wow is all I can say I've read through all 47 pages (on Tapatalk) (over 10 sittings and 4 days lol) I have the upmost admiration for the stubbornness, to keep going when all seemed lost. I truly believe that only 1% would have kept going with everything and 99% would have thrown the towel in at engine problems 1, 2, 3..... etc. I've only recently got my 182 but I can understand a little bit of the love for the small French cars.
I admire you and have the upmost respect for you keep going.
Maybe the whole time Le b***ard rouge just wanted to get boost. Good luck with the new boosted build and I wish reliability and health on it for you. Thanks for giving so much hope to the community when all seemed lost with it. Keep up the good work!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Wow is all I can say I've read through all 47 pages (on Tapatalk) (over 10 sittings and 4 days lol) I have the upmost admiration for the stubbornness, to keep going when all seemed lost. I truly believe that only 1% would have kept going with everything and 99% would have thrown the towel in at engine problems 1, 2, 3..... etc. I've only recently got my 182 but I can understand a little bit of the love for the small French cars.
I admire you and have the upmost respect for you keep going.
Maybe the whole time Le b***ard rouge just wanted to get boost. Good luck with the new boosted build and I wish reliability and health on it for you. Thanks for giving so much hope to the community when all seemed lost with it. Keep up the good work!
Hahaha, thanks mate - you're an absolute hero for reading through all of that! :tongueout: Thanks for taking the time to do so and for the kind and encouraging words. I'm very hopeful that there will be a few more updates coming along very soon (and with pics).

Cheers!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
October 2016 - Update #2

The standard PAS is being ditched in favour of EPAS; it frees up some room in the engine bay, means that some of the pipes can be removed and stops the possibility of the PAS fluid boiling where the lines would normally run by a very hot turbo.

In other news, the loom is shaping up with the various sensors being added, traction control, etc. and things like heatshield / wrap, fuel regulator have been ordered and are on the way. The Trophy is also booked in with the welder / fabricator to have all the hard piping sorted and then it will be off to the powder coaters to make it look pretty. I'm hoping to have a few photos soon.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
October 2016 - Update #3

It's been a long time since the Trophy last moved (especially under its own steam!) but it is now back in the capable hands of Dan @ SJM. Sadly the loom isn't there yet but plans are in place to get this finished off in the very near future. It's not holding things up and the next stage of the build can continue :) Another step closer...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
November 2016 - Update #1

The project is coming together bit by bit as pieces start to fall into place. With a bit of luck (and a bit more money as is always the case with modified cars!) it should start to resemble a Trophy again soon :) In anticipation of said times, here is a picture of a pressure regulator (thanks to Dan for the pics in this short update).

20161112_press-reg.jpg

Exciting stuff. More on the fuelling side of things in a moment...

Hot off the press (well, the fabricator's workbench) this turned up a few hours ago.

20161112_mani01.jpg

20161112_mani02.jpg

After a bit of jiggery-pokery and black magic it should be just the ticket. Later this week Dan and the fabricator are meeting up to get the hardpipe and fabrication sorted. I'm not going to give away too much yet but I think Dan has something on his mind to try so I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Once that has been completed it will be off for powder coating. It's not going to be a Queen of the Concourse but there's no harm in making it look good, right?

As mentioned in previous posts the fuelling system is being revised, hence new connectors, braided lines, swirl pot and so on. This has presented a bit of a problem due to the way in which the new setup will work and how the swirl pot will be located. There's a bit of interference from the backbox of my exhaust system hence it was potentially going to require alteration. However, after a bit of a discussion with Dan, it became clear that the better option would likely be to remove my current exhaust system and to upgrade to a custom setup with decat and a wider 3-inch size all the way from the turbo down. This would be less likely to cause a restriction and consequently a sudden levelling-off of power. As a result of this there may well be a Clio 182 Pro-Speed stainless exhaust system for sale very soon.

A big thanks to Dan and Mike for their ongoing work and advice. :smile:

November 2016 - Update #1

The project is coming together bit by bit as pieces start to fall into place. With a bit of luck (and a bit more money as is always the case with modified cars!) it should start to resemble a Trophy again soon :) In anticipation of said times, here is a picture of a pressure regulator (thanks to Dan for the pics in this short update).

20161112_press-reg.jpg

Exciting stuff. More on the fuelling side of things in a moment...

Hot off the press (well, the fabricator's workbench) this turned up a few hours ago.

20161112_mani01.jpg

20161112_mani02.jpg

After a bit of jiggery-pokery and black magic it should be just the ticket. Later this week Dan and the fabricator are meeting up to get the hardpipe and fabrication sorted. I'm not going to give away too much yet but I think Dan has something on his mind to try so I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Once that has been completed it will be off for powder coating. It's not going to be a Queen of the Concourse but there's no harm in making it look good, right?

As mentioned in previous posts the fuelling system is being revised, hence new connectors, braided lines, swirl pot and so on. This has presented a bit of a problem due to the way in which the new setup will work and how the swirl pot will be located. There's a bit of interference from the backbox of my exhaust system hence it was potentially going to require alteration. However, after a bit of a discussion with Dan, it became clear that the better option would likely be to remove my current exhaust system and to upgrade to a custom setup with decat and a wider 3-inch size all the way from the turbo down. This would be less likely to cause a restriction and consequently a sudden levelling-off of power. As a result of this there may well be a Clio 182 Pro-Speed stainless exhaust system for sale very soon.

A big thanks to Dan and Mike for their ongoing work and advice. :smile:

You need my exhaust, it would be perfect.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
November 2016 - Update #2

Here we go, another quick update and a few more images. As you can see below, the fabrication is now underway and parts will soon be off for powder coating. With a bit of luck they will come back pink so as to match the Trophy's colour perfectly :) Well, that's the plan...

Once it's all done and put together it should look pretty sweet in the engine bay. The folks helping me out have gone out of their way to do so and I'm excited for what's going to come out of this.

20161116_fabric01.jpg

20161116_fabric02.jpg

Ooh, she has a new heart :)

20161116_fabric03.jpg

Shiny bits :)

20161116_fabric04.jpg

20161116_fabric05.jpg

20161116_fabric06.jpg

20161116_fabric07.jpg

Again, a big thanks to Dan for the photos and his work along with the fabricator :) Top drawer!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Proper job!
Definitely mate. No more faffing around :tonguewink:

Nice that!
Trophy-K Extreme unlocked edition :)

I don't see a mounting for a blow off valve or IAT?
Worth ensuring their done before it gets painted
What Dan said :)

The plate in the underside of the manifold is for all the take offs and sensors. It'll be running low enough boost to not require a BOV. But we will also be mapping in NLS.
Hold on.. NLS? Cool - I wasn't expecting that. Thanks! :cool:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
December 2016 - Update

Just a very quick update for now. Sadly, a bit of bad luck has struck and my new clutch has been damaged after a burst pipe caused flooding in the workshop that is the Trophy's current home :( Whilst a setback (for various customers, not just me) the stock is insured and new parts already ordered. Unfortunately there will now be a delay until the new year before the suppliers will ship the parts out.

In other (better) news my new exhaust is being fabricated next week and this will replace the trusty ProSpeed item.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Be patient , good thing come to those who wait. Two years sounds like a long time though.

CHRIST!!!!

That was a seriously long old read! 59 pages and about 3 hours (in fact probably a lot more) I've been sat here having a butchers at this thread 😂😂
I Mean, I know I am currently in need of inspiration, but this.... Patience of a SAINT!

I am rather hoping this car runs right once its completed and Mapped otherwise this thread is going to go from one of the best Trophy build threads ever, to the biggest disaster!

I wish you all the best of luck in the final hurdle to the finishing line and admire the strength you've had to find at times to keep this build moving!!

Great Read Thanks

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Rubbish

Hats off to you, but I think I'd have binned it off years ago, you could have had a nice 275 trophy/golf r with what you've ploughed into this :-(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I bet it's frustrating 😧
Incredibly so mate.

Be patient , good thing come to those who wait. Two years sounds like a long time though.
It's not just the two years unfortunately - it's the cumulative loss from previous delays before that as well. Over 2 years this time, nearly two years last time whilst having the ITB build done, the wasted time at TDF, the list goes on. I'm losing faith with it.

CHRIST!!!!

That was a seriously long old read! 59 pages and about 3 hours (in fact probably a lot more) I've been sat here having a butchers at this thread 😂😂
I Mean, I know I am currently in need of inspiration, but this.... Patience of a SAINT!

I am rather hoping this car runs right once its completed and Mapped otherwise this thread is going to go from one of the best Trophy build threads ever, to the biggest disaster!

I wish you all the best of luck in the final hurdle to the finishing line and admire the strength you've had to find at times to keep this build moving!!

Great Read Thanks
Fingers crossed mate! Thanks for taking the time to read through it :)

Rubbish

Hats off to you, but I think I'd have binned it off years ago, you could have had a nice 275 trophy/golf r with what you've ploughed into this :-(
Yeah, I could have had both of them pretty much! :( I'm in so far that I can't really back out now.