ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Apple Watch Thread

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Mine's on 74% capacity now; barely makes it through the day. It's 4 years old now though, so will be upgrading to whatever the new one is coming this September.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
My watch (bought in 2018) is just starting to die before the end of the day @Tom made me aware that you can get the battery replaced by Apple - cost depends on the watch but it was £90 for me - i just don't need a new watch, i cant justify that cost for when i only use mine to receive notifications and track my fitness

Reactions: Tom

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Anyone upgrade this year? I'm about to order a Series 9. Going for Product Red this time which is bold... but I will put a black strap on it.

watchOS 10 has destroyed my Series 4. Battery can't even make 12 hours now. Really not a fan of the new OS, found around 4 negatives with it so far, and to be honest not a single positive thing, apart from looking slightly nicer I suppose.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone upgrade this year? I'm about to order a Series 9. Going for Product Red this time which is bold... but I will put a black strap on it.

watchOS 10 has destroyed my Series 4. Battery can't even make 12 hours now. Really not a fan of the new OS, found around 4 negatives with it so far, and to be honest not a single positive thing, apart from looking slightly nicer I suppose.

Think I’m going to, mentioned it for my birthday later in the year.

In the mean time factory reset your watch, my series 4 was the same but better after a reset. Took it off charge at 6am and on 26% now

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I just don't understand a smart watch that needs charged daily?!?

My garmin will do 21 days, sure it's not touch screen and it's in 'dumb' mode, but it still does a hell of a lot, even then. Make it make sense

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
No problem in charging every day. Got to put it somewhere at night (not interested in sleep recording) so put it down... on the charger. It's when it doesn't make it that far that's the problem!

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I don’t think I could be bothered taking it off every night either

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I take mine off in the morning and stick on charge when I jump in the shower. By the time I’m ready leave for work it’s fully charged.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Got my Series 9. Went for the Unity strap as it had red specs in it. Really comfortable actually. Now got 2/3 other ones to sell.

Definitely brighter screen outside which is appreciated, and finally always on screen for me 🙏

1697144805385.jpeg

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I turned of the AOD display on my S7 after a couple of days, just shortens battery life, no issues with raising my wrist to tell the time and you need to do that to see the complications anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Is there not a better red colour for the watch face, looks pink to me, but could be the photo.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I suppose it does look a bit pink there, but it's more red in real life. Went to bed with it still on 48% battery last night which is pretty damn good so happy to keep the screen on for now. My old watch is on 74% capacity after 4 years though, that was painful to use!