ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sunday run out to the west of scotland

2008 clio 197
Run out today with a couple of pals, greasy and wet roads with a lot of standing water made for an interesting drive Clio preformed well up against two more refined rivals. I was impressed with the diesel FR kept up well on the straights but the lighter more nimble cars had him on the twisty bits. Stale mate between the Clio and the fiesta for most the journey but better tyers and a bit of bravery kept me and my 197 up front!

20190210_165409(0).jpg

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Run out today with a couple of pals, greasy and wet roads with a lot of standing water made for an interesting drive Clio preformed well up against two more refined rivals. I was impressed with the diesel FR kept up well on the straights but the lighter more nimble cars had him on the twisty bits. Stale mate between the Clio and the fiesta for most the journey but better tyers and a bit of bravery kept me and my 197 up front!

View attachment 1405565

More pics reqd?

I love west Scotland so much, I just wish it was nearer to the rest of civilization so that it wasn't a mission to get to!

Although I guess if it was nearer, it would be filled with morons...

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
The west coast is brilliant I was lucky to grow up just outside Oban on an island called Seil. Still get back when ever I can.
There are no other roads like it in the UK up the west coast but for the ultimate in challenging roads the Isle of Mull beats everywhere else in the UK.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I went over the dukes pass near Loch Lomond weekend before last. The higher parts were completely covered in snow.

At the top there were a couple of lads in hatchbacks that had been hooning around (you could see their track wiggling all over the road on the way up). Unfortunately one of them had had a little off into the hedges.

I was in my wife’s car with her and the dog in the car so speeds were limited. I bet it’s a good road on a nice dry day.

2008 clio 197
this was the circuit i did yesterday, sorry didn't take any other photos wasn't the best day for it. I haven't ventured as far as Applecross yet but its one of the places i must go this summer. There are some unbelievable roads around that you can drive for 10 plus miles and not meet another car, its magic.

Untitled.png

Clio 197,with megan'
I live around 6 miles west of Halkirk, miles of single track roads, wonderful scenery, but don't tell anyone. I find the West coast has more tourist places to visit, where the East coast, is more barren.

2008 clio 197
I live around 6 miles west of Halkirk, miles of single track roads, wonderful scenery, but don't tell anyone. I find the West coast has more tourist places to visit, where the East coast, is more barren.

yea the with the nc500 getting more and more popular the coast roads are plagued with the worst of all.....campervans.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Iv just done something similar actually, we visited glenco on Saturday. roads were slippy but still good fun.

Attachments

• IMG_0359.JPG
    IMG_0359.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0360.JPG
    IMG_0360.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0364.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 268
  2008 clio 197
@steven.tul.197 - did you start off at the Shegra end? If you squint hard enough - you can just make out our Clios in the picture... :)

we started of at the Bonar side as that's where i stay and headed up the shegra and then back down by Scourie, Kylesku and back to Bonar on the other side of Ben More but that strip of road between Laxford bridge and the turn onto the Lochinvar road is phenomenal (the A894) best scenery and driving road i have been on as of yet.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Glen Orchy where them photos are is a brilliant road. Did you go all the way to the end?
we went as far as the waterfall then turned back - we are doing another one. probs going to fire it on the csoc scotland facebook when we are doing it.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
we went as far as the waterfall then turned back - we are doing another one. probs going to fire it on the csoc scotland facebook when we are doing it.
Keep going to the end as there is usually deer close to the road for some good photos. You should also look at doing the loop round Loch leven as that's really good with some good views.
I really wish I got back up more as the roads round the North East of England are poor in comparison.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Keep going to the end as there is usually deer close to the road for some good photos. You should also look at doing the loop round Loch leven as that's really good with some good views.
I really wish I got back up more as the roads round the North East of England are poor in comparison.
Ah didnt realise that!! gutted !! we are doing a run in march hopefully. think its the 9th - all welcome :)