ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange elec fault , what else! lol

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Basically my Cups battery was flat as the cars been sorned since last year. I charged it up and all was well, took the car for a spin and noticed the door open lamp on.
I have checked all the doors and bonnet switches which are ok, the boot lamp comes on and goes off when the boots shuts. I locked the car up and noticed that the indicators don't flash to show its locked but flash when I unlock the car. The interior lamp stays on all the time and the interior lock switch does not lock the doors.
Any ideas chaps ?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
The lock switch ? i have a feeling it had a stereo change at some point which may not help also the heated rear window has always come on and off on its own as the previous owner said.

dan's cast offs.
sorry, meant door shut switch. if you've had problems with the rear screen check the big plug at the bottom of the passengers door pillar.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
theres door open/closed switches on the bottom corners of the door aperture as well, door lock switches are built into the central locking actuators...

look like these
https://www.google.co.za/search?q=renault+clio+door+light+switch&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=QzgwqLnV4UMqBM%3A%2CBnq6RJMCrgmANM%2C_&usg=__JR4fwt0AhtJeS0P4kio2bDonC0s=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjXsqfywezZAhXBLcAKHTdwCQwQ9QEIMzAD#imgrc=QzgwqLnV4UMqBM:
Yes Ive checked them already

Could it just be the battery is fooked?
Don't think so car runs and starts fine.