ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sticky throttle on electronic throttle body

renault clio 1.4 16v
so was driving along, went to overtake another car and when i came off the gas, it just carried on going, so eased on the brakes then tapped the go pedal and it came right... now this generally would be a sticky throttle cable... but mine is a ph2, electronic throttle body.

has anyone experienced similar? every now and again it fails to idle or start at all, a wiggle of the plug going to the throttle body solves this, and i fail to see how the butterfly can stick open as the spring return is pretty strong.

renault clio 1.4 16v
ive cleaned the throttle body more times than i can count witch either cures it briefly or does not make a difference, ive ordered a aftermarket waterproof plug, planning to solder some wires on the board and use the aftermarket plug as the factory one is crap... done the same on some other sensors when their plugs gave me grief...

renault clio 1.4 16v
yeah, bosch are renowned for crap connectors ?
ive had worse ?

connectors have arrived so ill keep them in the cubby as a threat... if the original messes around again then ill change them. fixed a lot of problems by scaring the original components into working like that lol