ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stage 2 r26

535d / t5 caravelle
After approximately 4 years of owning my current clio 172 cup, I decided it was time for something bigger and quicker, a scooby will have to wait, till I decide I can afford to throw fuel into one, so an r26 was the next choice for me, I've been looking for a few months, I'd of liked an ultra blue one tbh, but they seem to be pretty rare, went to view an almost standard one, 15 miles away, but the muppets at the garage that where selling it, put me right off it, Bellends!

So I got home from that little trip, looked on pistonheads, and there it was, my next car! As soon as I saw it,I knew that was the car for me, sent a few texts over, to confirm a few things, then arranged a 4.5hour coach trip to go and look at it, fortunately the car was as described and better! Top bloke Tom for selling it to me, and picking me up from the station, a pleasure to do business with, he was gutted to let it go, but needed an oil burner for his 180 mile commute to work.

It's absolutely immaculate inside and out, has all the receipts for all the work carried out, and is running a nice 295bhp - 320lbs/ft so it goes when you want it to, gave it a blast up the slip road just to be sure. had a long drive home, just chilling with iPod on and cruise control, through road works and heavy traffic, what a joy lol, the car averaged 38mpg, used under a quarter of a tank and did 115 miles, that was doing an average speed of 48mph mind, so these figures will never be achieved again, saying that I'm going to go pretty steady in it, whilst I get used to it, and see what I can get out of this tank of fuel, now it's had a good start.

Pictures taken from the for sale advert, full spec to follow, I don't plan on doing much to it, possibly take it to rs tuning to get the torque down to under 300, Not sure yet?

535d / t5 caravelle
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did you buy that from Leicester??

I bought a silver Cup from a guy called tom and the driveway looked identical!

Lovely car though, well done.

535d / t5 caravelle
Did you buy that from Leicester??

I bought a silver Cup from a guy called tom and the driveway looked identical!

Lovely car though, well done.

Cheers, Yeah that will be the guy, I actually got the car from Mansfield, but he had just bought a house there, his parents house is in Leicester, where the pictures where taken, he mentioned he had a few clios prior to this, one was stripped out, was this the one?

535d / t5 caravelle
Gorgeous car!

Looks stunning. Good buy!

Out of interest what's the going rate on these?

Thanks guys!

Between 7k and 7.5k for something like this, similar spec,condition,milage etc....................I'm a believer in you get what you pay for, that rule of thumb has done me well in last few car purchases, ( hopefully this one ) I always get the best I can afford, even if it means travelling to the moon and back, and paying top money, like it normally does lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Great choice Bill and tbh after owening a few imprezas i would take this over one. The r26 imo is brilliant allrounder and good value for your pennies. Hope it serves you well mate :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I like it.

What does 'stage 2' on these entail?

And why do you want the torque dropping?

I went out a couple of times in jonw's r26 with 270bhp and it was effortlessly quick! 295 must be fun.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Lovely I also spotted this, been up for a while, certainly looks to a good standard inside and out :)

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
I like it.

I went out a couple of times in jonw's r26 with 270bhp and it was effortlessly quick! 295 must be fun.

Anything other than a filter and map imo.

I've got a "stage2" map yet it only has a decat and bigger intercooler, this one has a few more mods then me but still a stage2.

Reason for dropping the torque is that anything over 300lbs torque is regarded as danger zone for blowing up although some let go some don't pot luck tbh

I had mine capped at 290 RStuning could of kept it at 300 but Paul said 290 just to be safe.

535d / t5 caravelle
Properly nice!!

Cheers

Great choice Bill and tbh after owening a few imprezas i would take this over one. The r26 imo is brilliant allrounder and good value for your pennies. Hope it serves you well mate :smile:

Cheers buddy, that's very good to hear lol, more than happy with this, and it's plenty quick enough............for now ;)

I like it.

Stage 2 from what I gather is just the map, but intercooler and injectors are recommended, along with other mods to get best results, someone else should be able to answer this more accurately than me, torque above 300 is supposedly the reason for engine failure on these, so best to be safe, effortless is the correct term for these, they do it very well.

Very nice mate :smile:

Thanks

I saw that for sale! I was studying the spacers :smile:

When they go missing I'll know where to come lol

Lovely I also spotted this, been up for a while, certainly looks to a good standard inside and out :smile:

Only 3 weeks tops on pistonheads, the seller said he had the feelers out on Facebook before that, not on it so wouldn't know, it's immaculate ( even by your standards lol ) perfect replacement for the cup.

Anything other than a filter and map imo.

I've got a "stage2" map yet it only has a decat and bigger intercooler, this one has a few more mods then me but still a stage2.

Reason for dropping the torque is that anything over 300lbs torque is regarded as danger zone for blowing up although some let go some don't pot luck tbh

I had mine capped at 290 RStuning could of kept it at 300 but Paul said 290 just to be safe.

How longs it been running stage 2? Any problems with it? You've answered some of the above questions :)

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
Cheers

Cheers buddy, that's very good to hear lol, more than happy with this, and it's plenty quick enough............for now ;)

Stage 2 from what I gather is just the map, but intercooler and injectors are recommended, along with other mods to get best results, someone else should be able to answer this more accurately than me, torque above 300 is supposedly the reason for engine failure on these, so best to be safe, effortless is the correct term for these, they do it very well.

Thanks

When they go missing I'll know where to come lol

Only 3 weeks tops on pistonheads, the seller said he had the feelers out on Facebook before that, not on it so wouldn't know, it's immaculate ( even by your standards lol ) perfect replacement for the cup.

How longs it been running stage 2? Any problems with it? You've answered some of the above questions :)

I only got it done yesterday mate lol.

535d / t5 caravelle
And it's not blown up yet? Lol, big improvement from before? Mines the only one I've been in, so never had anything to compare against

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
And it's not blown up yet? Lol, big improvement from before? Mines the only one I've been in, so never had anything to compare against

Not yet lol [emoji51]

For me it's a massive difference still shocked with how it pulls even in 6th.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
R26 looks great :)

What spacers have you got?

Regarding torque, my old engine ran on a stage 2 map for over 70k miles, majority of time running between 315 and 330lbft of torque.

When I stripped the engine down the rods were fine but two pistons were cracked on the ring lands. I don't think this anything to do with the torque though but because it ingested part of my compressor wheel.

Here's my understanding of the different maps:

Stage1 is a generic map which can be installed remotely (with a tuning box at extra cost) or tweaked if you go to RS Tuning.

Stage 2 requires an uprated intercooler, runs more boost and has to be done at RS Tuning to custom map it to your car.

Once you've got a Stage 2 map Paul just charges for the dyno time. For example the map for my forged engine and hybrid turbo will cost one hours dyno time at £100+vat.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
See Paul told me injectors and cooler minimum for a stage 2.

535d / t5 caravelle
Not yet lol [emoji51]

For me it's a massive difference still shocked with how it pulls even in 6th.

I've not really had chance to give mine some due to heavy traffic, apart from a couple of blasts up the slip roads, I was quite impressed with it shall we say :)

R26 looks great :smile:

What spacers have you got?

Regarding torque, my old engine ran on a stage 2 map for over 70k miles, majority of time running between 315 and 330lbft of torque.

When I stripped the engine down the rods were fine but two pistons were cracked on the ring lands. I don't think this anything to do with the torque though but because it ingested part of my compressor wheel.

Here's my understanding of the different maps:

Stage1 is a generic map which can be installed remotely (with a tuning box at extra cost) or tweaked if you go to RS Tuning.

Stage 2 requires an uprated intercooler, runs more boost and has to be done at RS Tuning to custom map it to your car.

Once you've got a Stage 2 map Paul just charges for the dyno time. For example the map for my forged engine and hybrid turbo will cost one hours dyno time at £100+vat.

Cheers, I'll be taking a good look at your thread next, sounds like your going all out with it!

I've just been going through the receipts, there's a couple of things missing, so I'm presuming they where purchased 2nd hand or the paperworks not been added to the file, spacers is one of them I'm afraid, the advert says 20mm rear spacers, so that's all I can tell you mate, when the wheels come off, for maintenance I'll have a look and report back.

Mines been running stage 2 for 19k now and 2.5 years without any problems, so I'm guessing it's ( dare I say it ) it's proving to be reliable...................touches wood!

I enquired about the bringing the torque down, and he quoted me £100+ vat like you said, something I'm considering.

Im running stage 2 and other mods, 281bhp and 300lbft , its better to drive now more linear i did have 320lbft and it came in with such of a rush it just lit the tyres up, plus its safer for the dmf and the rods i needed siemens 630cc injectors in mine as my standard injectors where at 100 percent duty, love a nice megane r26 such a good car

535d / t5 caravelle
Im running stage 2 and other mods, 281bhp and 300lbft , its better to drive now more linear i did have 320lbft and it came in with such of a rush it just lit the tyres up, plus its safer for the dmf and the rods i needed siemens 630cc injectors in mine as my standard injectors where at 100 percent duty, love a nice megane r26 such a good car
Part of me is thinking leave it as is, and part of me is thinking bring it down to be safe, did you loose much bhp?

I didnt lose any power or top end , just made the power more linear and not coming in with a big rush which i found a little hard to control in the wet

535d / t5 caravelle
Decision made, its going in to be tweaked, its always going to be in the back of my mind if I dont, cheers for the input.

535d / t5 caravelle
I'll be using this thread as a log more than anything, so a little about the car, it's on 48k, it came with 12 months mot, it's had the timing belt and water pump done, it's got full service history along with loads of receipts etc etc..

Current spec is:

Body work:
Silver R26 with all stickers
R26R spoiler
R26R fog light blanks
R26R headlights (black backing as appose to grey)
Heko wind deflectors
Wheels refurbished in gloss black

Suspension:
Lowered on H&R spring
20mm spacers on rear

Engine:
Covered 48k
Stage 2 mapping by RS Tuning (295bhp with 320 lbs/ft)
Full K-Tec 3inch cat back Exhaust and decat
K-tec uprated intercooler
Forge intake hose
ITG maxogen kit
K-tec hard pipe kit
K-tec hard pipe hose kit
630 Siemens injectors
K-Tec Recirculating blanking plate
Group N upper Engine mount
Group N upper gearbox mount
Group N lower stabiliser

Interior:
Uprated front speakers (not sure what make)
Parrot kit
iPod/usb/aux connections
Renaultsport car mats

535d / t5 caravelle
I bet that's fun mate, what power is the standard turbo good for?

Not sure tbh mate, I think the Megane 250 turbo is popular upgrade though.

Very tidy this, enjoy it. Good spec with some nice additions :up:

Cheers

Stage 2 Innit blud!

Looks sweet. Always get the most looked after cars from pistonheads.

Ta, I almost didn't bother looking on pistonheads as last time I did, it was s**t! Glad I did.

Ha ha, just thought id remind you how awesome your car is compared to my old sheds 😂

Lol cheers, I bet that mini ain't to shy lol

Lovely!! I really like it :up:

Thanks