ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spotify receiver?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Does such a thing exist? Basically like a bluetooth dongle with an aux cable, but one that works with Spotify's Available Devices, so uses wifi. Or are there any single DIN headunits that have Spotify?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Nah, not bluetooth.

Spotify allows you to send your music from one device to another if it's a Spotify enabled device, it doesn't use bluetooth.

The reason for this is I've bought a Xtrons OEM style headunit for my TT, which is great other than there's some feint background noise. I'm hoping to use the Xtrons as my screen etc, but stick a single DIN unit in the glovebox and send music from the Xtrons to the single din, which will be connected to the cars controls and not have any noise. Basically I only want to use the Xtrons as a screen to say send music here, I don't want it doing any of the audio processing, because that's not its strong point.

The BOSE in the MK2 TT makes everything more difficult than it should be when you ditch the RNSE.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Can't help on your query but what Xtrons unit have you got? I'm looking for and Android Auto double din for my Volvo but don't like the sound of the background noise problem.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Can't help on your query but what Xtrons unit have you got? I'm looking for and Android Auto double din for my Volvo but don't like the sound of the background noise problem.
PB78ATTRP

I don't think you'll have a noise problem, people who have Audi's without Bose don't have this issue, it's a problem in the way it interfaces with the Bose amp.

However, the sound quality, even without noise won't be on par with Pioneer/Kenwood etc, the Xtrons doesn't use high quality audio components. The screen and functionality is excellent though, but everytime Xtrons make new units, it always seems to be a focus on more speed and more pixels, and never better sound, which seems bizarre to me for a headunit, but maybe it's expensive to increase audio quality compared to just putting a nicer screen on it. Split screen Spotify/Google maps is great though.

This is why I'm trying to do what I'm doing, using the Xtrons as the display, but routing the audio through a better quality Pioneer unit.

Don't be sucked in by Dynavin. You'd think they're twice the price for a reason, but they're just as bad as the Chinese Android offerings.