ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Something a Bit Special For The Weekend?

Radical SR3
So today I got up at 3.40am and travelled over 780 miles from London to Denmark (I flew obviously) to view a rather special car I have been thinking about buying. A few people have asked for pics and videos of it from another thread I started, as I planned to make it road legal...still to decide on that topic!

I arrived at 9am in Copenhagen and met the seller who gave me a lift to his business, where the car has lived for the past 7 years. The car has been on track once in his ownership and prior to that competed in the German endurance race series, which I believe included 24hrs at the Nurburgring :)

The previous owner had the car brought upto the very latest spec and added a number of improvements before the seller bought it, this included an after market ECU with switchable driving modes, fully reconditioned sadev, fully rose jointed suspension components and Ohlins dampers.

It needs a bit of work here and there, because it's a race car but the thing is fabulous...so we agreed a price and I came home to work out how the hell I collect it in the New Year. The spares package includes a spare set of Cromodora wheels, brand new gear ratios, multiple body panels, original Trophy suspension, clutch, sensors etc etc.

Enjoy the pics and video and I'll update when I can.

20171209_085859.jpg

20171209_090007.jpg

20171209_090022.jpg

20171209_090032.jpg

20171209_090037.jpg

20171209_090327.jpg

20171209_090335.jpg

20171209_090347.jpg

20171209_091904.jpg

20171209_092030.jpg

20171209_122923.jpg

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice. Obviously I don't know your plans, but Mark Fish ran a team in the naughties when the V6s were a support race for the F1. If you need any help with it he's your man!
And not too far away from you either.
I look forward to following this.

Radical SR3
Very nice. Obviously I don't know your plans, but Mark Fish ran a team in the naughties when the V6s were a support race for the F1. If you need any help with it he's your man!
And not too far away from you either.
I look forward to following this.

Mark has already been contacted :) he'll be doing a belt swap and full service on it before I use it anywhere!

Radical SR3
Amazing find. How did you come across it?

I was looking at road going V6 but didn't find one that really got me excited...I then stumbled across the Megane V6 (I run an RS250 as a daily) and toyed with the idea of one of those and this showed up in the searches. I contacted the chap about it, he still had it, so I thought why not go and see it?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
That looks and sounds amazing, can’t wait to see what you do with it!

Radical SR3
That looks and sounds amazing, can’t wait to see what you do with it!

Initial plan was to make it road legal...still might do that but on the advise of almost everyone, I'll give it a tidy up and put it rounds Brands first to see how harsh it is. If it's not too bad then I'll look at converting it as sympathetically as possible.

dan's cast offs.
Get it on the road!! Sequential with flat shift is great fun, even when you pootle around you still get a nice pop when you shift.

Get the dampers off and get them revalved and some springs done as well.

Also emissions will be a piece of cake to get around for mot.

Radical SR3
Get it on the road!! Sequential with flat shift is great fun, even when you pootle around you still get a nice pop when you shift.

Get the dampers off and get them revalved and some springs done as well.

Also emissions will be a piece of cake to get around for mot.

You are one of only a small few who have encouraged this haha. Will have a word with my suspension mate and keep the Ohlins for track maybe? What are you thinking on emmissions? The stock exhaust has cats and the seller reckons you can adjust fueling to pass as is.

Radical SR3
Thats a bit serious!

What's the plan then? Racing, track days, leave it in a garage?

Plan was buy it and make it road legal...but now I'm thinking get it, fix it up a bit (bodywork etc) and do a track day via trailer before the road legal plan. It'll spend most of its time in a garage though!

Plan was buy it and make it road legal...but now I'm thinking get it, fix it up a bit (bodywork etc) and do a track day via trailer before the road legal plan. It'll spend most of its time in a garage though!

That sounds a good plan tbh, see how it goes on track and then make a more informed move forward after its had a run out on track

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Not that I'm trying to sound negative, but I imagine that would get very old very fast on the road. Though at least if you got it road legal you could take it to normal track days rather than having to rely on test days.

dan's cast offs.
You are one of only a small few who have encouraged this haha. Will have a word with my suspension mate and keep the Ohlins for track maybe? What are you thinking on emmissions? The stock exhaust has cats and the seller reckons you can adjust fueling to pass as is.

go for it, there's nothing like being able to go out for an early sunday morning blast in the summer in something that's a bit stupid :cool:

for emissions see how it is and if it comes to it you can just tweak the map to get it through mot. either way that would be easy to sort out.

Good decision on the Megane V6. Unfortunately the ones that later ran in Britcar & the (then) Dunlop 24hr Endurance Series seemed to have constant electrical gremlins.

German series is called the VLN. Be interesting to find out the competition history.

Was the rear bumper cut out part of the final-season upgrade? Hardly ever see 2003 spec cars, do you know how many were upgraded?

Radical SR3
Good decision on the Megane V6. Unfortunately the ones that later ran in Britcar & the (then) Dunlop 24hr Endurance Series seemed to have constant electrical gremlins.

German series is called the VLN. Be interesting to find out the competition history.

Was the rear bumper cut out part of the final-season upgrade? Hardly ever see 2003 spec cars, do you know how many were upgraded?

Isn't that just Renault? :D

I know a bit about the VLN, even passengered with a race team on testing year before last...awesome series. I'm not sure how to find out its history?

I think the bumper was cut yes, again I'm no expert on the cars. Part of me thinks they are all 2000-2 cars and then just got upgrades to exterior etc for 2003.

So, I'm gathering info on what I'd want to do with it generally but will take it to Mark Fish and ask him for thoughts on my plans and go from there. In reality all it should need is a battery and some new rubber to go racing but my shopping list is huge regarding what I want to do.

VLN website has 20 years of archived entry lists. Dailysportscar & Radio Le Mans cover VLN and are active on twitter and might remember a mk2 V6 amongst the endless mk3s. Probably find Mark Fish has knows where a couple of the cars went or knows someone who does.

Isn't that just Renault? :smiley:

I know a bit about the VLN, even passengered with a race team on testing year before last...awesome series. I'm not sure how to find out its history?

I think the bumper was cut yes, again I'm no expert on the cars. Part of me thinks they are all 2000-2 cars and then just got upgrades to exterior etc for 2003.

So, I'm gathering info on what I'd want to do with it generally but will take it to Mark Fish and ask him for thoughts on my plans and go from there. In reality all it should need is a battery and some new rubber to go racing but my shopping list is huge regarding what I want to do.

Brilliant stuff Mark, your in for alot of fun! Brands in that will be fantastic!

The bumper is actually 2 piece on the trophy cars, the lower bar section is a removable panel, rather than cut out. They allowed people to race without the lower bar from in 2002 (when the cars still had ph1 panels). Its just held on with 4 screws.

Your right, most of the cars (including this one) cars were built in 1999, they just released updates through out the seasons. The final iteration had ph2 panels in 2003 (but so many parts are interchangeable, having ph2 panels, doesn't mean it has all the other updates, the 2003 spec cars are quite different from the 1999 ones!). There were only a handful of cars built new in 2000, 2001, 2002 & 2003.

During 2003 this car raced in the German DMSB series, it then was purchased by Markus Fellke (of Sweden) in the winter of 2003 and competed in Endurance Racing in Sweeden for Fellke Motorsport https://www.svenskracing.se/resultatlista-klass.php?tavling=1839&heat=124&typ=race. He rebuilt it 2004 with air jacks, ohlins, 100 litre enduro tank etc.
It then went to Denmark and was raced by Frederik Holm in the 2006 Special Saloon Car Gruppe 2 and 2008 Special Saloon Car SS3 who then sold it to Mr Trajkovski who I assume your buying it from?

If you google search there names you can find out a fair bit more on the car. I have also uploaded lots of photos of the car over the years in the trophy register on v6clio.net.

Does the car come with any documentation? The DMSB gave the teams a logbook for each car, who drove it in which race on which dates etc. If you have that book you can trace it pre 2004, that would be really interesting to know. I have lots of photos from the DMSB series, so if you can find out any driver names, I can help search back from there!

Radical SR3
Brilliant stuff Mark, your in for alot of fun! Brands in that will be fantastic!

The bumper is actually 2 piece on the trophy cars, the lower bar section is a removable panel, rather than cut out. They allowed people to race without the lower bar from in 2002 (when the cars still had ph1 panels). Its just held on with 4 screws.

Your right, most of the cars (including this one) cars were built in 1999, they just released updates through out the seasons. The final iteration had ph2 panels in 2003 (but so many parts are interchangeable, having ph2 panels, doesn't mean it has all the other updates, the 2003 spec cars are quite different from the 1999 ones!). There were only a handful of cars built new in 2000, 2001, 2002 & 2003.

During 2003 this car raced in the German DMSB series, it then was purchased by Markus Fellke (of Sweden) in the winter of 2003 and competed in Endurance Racing in Sweeden for Fellke Motorsport https://www.svenskracing.se/resultatlista-klass.php?tavling=1839&heat=124&typ=race. He rebuilt it 2004 with air jacks, ohlins, 100 litre enduro tank etc.
It then went to Denmark and was raced by Frederik Holm in the 2006 Special Saloon Car Gruppe 2 and 2008 Special Saloon Car SS3 who then sold it to Mr Trajkovski who I assume your buying it from?

If you google search there names you can find out a fair bit more on the car. I have also uploaded lots of photos of the car over the years in the trophy register on v6clio.net.

Does the car come with any documentation? The DMSB gave the teams a logbook for each car, who drove it in which race on which dates etc. If you have that book you can trace it pre 2004, that would be really interesting to know. I have lots of photos from the DMSB series, so if you can find out any driver names, I can help search back from there!

Hi Duncan,
Fantastic info thank you! Found a nice pic (and the colour scheme I would revert to on the last link above).

SSC_08-[Finn-Bojer].jpg

The car has 2 huge leaf folders with it with all documents on parts etc and some specific details on setup and colour codes. The log book only has one name in it though from what I saw. The fuel tank receipt is 2004 so that matches up. I'll check out the other forum for pics too and see what I can find.

182 Turbo
I had a hunch this was the car you were going to buy, I saw it on racecarsdirect. Looks absolutely awesome. also I live like 10 mins from brands and I'm there a lot, PLEASE let me know when you book a track day in this in advance so I can come witness this beast!

Radical SR3
I had a hunch this was the car you were going to buy, I saw it on racecarsdirect. Looks absolutely awesome. also I live like 10 mins from brands and I'm there a lot, PLEASE let me know when you book a track day in this in advance so I can come witness this beast!

With pleasure...happy for you to jump in for passenger laps to if you like? Are you on instagram...easier to let you know that way.

182 Turbo
With pleasure...happy for you to jump in for passenger laps to if you like? Are you on instagram...easier to let you know that way.
A passenger lap would be INSANE! I'm not on Instagram unfortunately however I am on there a lot browsing through pictures, I'll make one Tommorow and let you know my handle. Do you think you'll be tracking it this year or waiting till next years better weather?

Radical SR3
A passenger lap would be INSANE! I'm not on Instagram unfortunately however I am on there a lot browsing through pictures, I'll make one Tommorow and let you know my handle. Do you think you'll be tracking it this year or waiting till next years better weather?

No problem, might not be that quick till I get used to the box etc but should be fun all the same. I'm rs.mark on there if you find me.

Plan is to transfer the money Monday then arrange to collect it somehow late Jan and take it straight to Mark Fish for some love before aiming for a track outing around March time latest? Brands will be the track though as it's about 50 mins from me.