ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone tried to nick my wheels.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
As per the pics, looks like they took off the centre cap off and tried to take off the central hub nut, which luckily sheered off. No other damage weirdly.

Does anyone know the part number for the nut I need? Cheers.

Attachments

• 20190111_114245.jpg
    20190111_114245.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 268
  • 20190111_115045.jpg
    20190111_115045.jpg
    667.6 KB · Views: 276
  • 15472198089221459917709291246932.jpg
    15472198089221459917709291246932.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 267

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't think there's been an attempt. Any of the bolts loose?

That seems more like a driveshaft failure than anything. Weird place for it to break though

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Think you guys are right, just had a proper look around and there's nothing else untoward, my car is dirty as anything so there would have at least been fingers marks around the wheels. None of the wheel nuts are loose or look to have been tampered with.
The randomness of it breaking off there though is crazy!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Ahh right, just thought someone might have overtightened the nut a lot and maybe the pressure has finally given in.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
They'd have to be super retarded to undo that one so most likely the driveshaft has snapped. Not great to fix though!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I’ve had one go exactly like that before from when a wheel bearing was proper fucked for a long time

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
If you've driven it like that the chances are the bearing will be goosed now too
Luckily I noticed it before getting in and driving it didn't.
So the centre cap was just on the floor sat next to the nut? Need more info
Yeah.
Went to get in the car and the centre cap and nut were sat right next to the wheel, hence why I thought someone had tried to steal them. It's been driving fine before that.

Hub nut doesn't look that old compared to a new Renault one I got recently

Discs look recent

Wheel looks like its hit some cones on track or something

Did they take the car on track at all and leave you to pick up the pieces?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Either way whatever has happened you need to stick a new driveshaft in it and get that bearing pulled together as soon as possible really. If it wasn't fucked before it might be in future with the weight of the car sat on it

Others will disagree but it'll start to separate and weigh heavy on the bearing races

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk