ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snappy Sabelt

ajfinn87

ClioSport Club Member
  Mx5
Hi all,

Just wanted to post a thread to add to the long list of praise Snappy has received over the years. When searching I could never find any photos of a Snappy re-trimmed Sabelt so I thought I’d post a thread for anyone ever wanting to see how they end up.

A couple of years ago I bought a Clio which came with a Sabelt wheel already fitted:

F22D798B-AE1F-41AB-AF8B-9F8C38925EFD.jpeg

Obviously it had been retrimmed by a previous owner, and while I understand the logic behind the colour scheme (to match a pink Trophy) it just wasn’t my cup of tea, so I needed to get it redone. I’d always intended my first job on buying a Clio to be fitting a Sabelt wheel anyway.

Que a quick text to Snappy, and a short while later:

332AD4BF-7929-41FA-AE5B-9A6DBA2BB6AC.jpeg

I did agree with the previous owner that the blue section on the original wheel wouldn’t match, but I didn’t want the wheel to be totally plain and so got Snappy to sort out a French flag at the top. Now I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but Snappy has done a stunning job and it’s a million times better than it was, the Volantech cup racer bracket just finishes it off perfectly.

Anyway, thanks for reading, just off to hammer the search button for threads on how to keep Alcantara clean...

ajfinn87

ClioSport Club Member
  Mx5
Black titanium, you just got a sabelt re trimmed I think the bolts could be a bit more nice than steel!

https://www.pro-bolt.com/titanium-countersunk-bolt-m5-x-0-8mm-x-15mm-4.html

Oh no! I wish I hadn't seen those. I don't know if I can justify £32 for 6 bolts with shipping, but now I'm going to end up driving along full of contempt for my sub-par steel bolts.

Are titanium bolts just a gateway drug into a world of lightweight components and inevitable bankruptcy?