ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV + ESP

VW passat R
Hi Guys

My clio 182 has a strange problem, I'm really getting there now with all the little faults i have sorted, apart from this one.

If i drive over a hour my SERV + ESP comes on.

I changed brake reservoir cap.

Tried to reset Brake pedal sensor. if i press the brake pedal slightly there is a delay before the brake lights come on?

checked Brake fluid at max mark.

The lights just come on randomly, when i turn the car off, Lights go out for a while.

Esp works fine when lights are off.

Any Advice would be great?

Thanks.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
It sounds like a steering angle sensor issue.

You need to check that the boss (the bit the wheel is bolted to) has the tabs that locate into the steering angle sensor.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Can just about make out the two tabs in this pic.

C84DD916-A58C-4D93-ACF5-6F7A35846396_zpsc0khik1j.jpg

VW passat R
Hi James Thankyou for the fast reply, & the photo. So take off the steering Boss & check if it has them two black plastic Tabs on both sides? so do the two tabs connect to the steering angle sensor? if it hasn't got Tab's i will need to buy a Boss with Tab's. would i need to reset the steering angle sensor?

Thanks

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Hi James Thankyou for the fast reply, & the photo. So take off the steering Boss & check if it has them two black plastic Tabs on both sides? so do the two tabs connect to the steering angle sensor? if it hasn't got Tab's i will need to buy a Boss with Tab's. would i need to reset the steering angle sensor?

Thanks

They slot into the angle sensor as you can see here

uploadfromtaptalk1365247113035.jpg

It should self clear the light once you fit one that has the tabs, unless the sensor has turned too far on it's rotation then it will require resetting.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
If it doesn't clear then Google Clio 182 steering angle reset and you'll find threads on here on how to do it.

It's to do with the blue and yellow dots in the clear window in the top left of the sensor.